Your favorite pizza transformed into a quick and easy, mega-cheesy Hawaiian Pizza Dip! Canadian bacon, juicy pineapple, and spicy seasonings make this a go to for every get together!
My feelings about this dip? Bordering on obsessed. I’ve been dying for a classic Hawaiian pizza lately but turning it into a dip was probably my biggest stroke of genius this week.
If I do say so myself…
Have you ever been to The Pie pizzeria? I have no idea if there are any outside of Utah but I know of at least two local locations and I’m going a little bit crazy thinking about how long it’s been since we’ve eaten at one. Normally, I’m not a huge Hawaiian pizza gal. I’m a sucker for pepperoni any day of the week and if I’m feeling fancy I go for a white sauce pizza. But if you ever go to The Pie, you must try their Hawaiian pizza.
Hands down the best I’ve ever tasted.
The thing about their Hawaiian pizza is that they add some kind of super awesome seasoning that takes the whole pineapple + bacon flavor combo to a new level of mouthwatering yum.
As if pineapple or bacon ever needed any help, right?
But the seasoning on that pizza… it’s that little something that makes that particular pizza better than any other restaurant’s version. And it was the inspiration for this pizza dip I made. I added a few spices on top to give it that extra zing! that I crave from The Pie. The thing that makes me want that exact pizza on a regular basis, even though I’m not normally a Hawaiian pizza kinda person.
And this dip… it made my Hawaiian pizza dreams come true this week. Try it! You. will. luv. it.
Hawaiian Pizza Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 24 ounces pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4-6 slices Canadian bacon (may sub deli ham)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional, for a more spicy kick!)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup pineapple
- crusty french bread, baguette, or breadsticks for serving
- Preheat oven to 375. In a bowl combine cream cheese and sour cream and mix well. Spread in the bottom of a deep pie dish or medium casserole dish.
- Spread pizza sauce on top of cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Chop Canadian bacon into quarters and spread out on top of the cheese. Sprinkle chili powder, crushed red pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning over the whole dish. Top with pineapple chunks.
- Bake about 20 minutes until heated through and cheese is bubbly. Serve with bread of choice.