This is the absolute Best Ever Creamy Sweet Macaroni Salad made with sweet peas, red bell peppers, crunchy celery, fresh parsley, and a creamy sweet and tangy dressing full of flavor!
This post is sponsored by Walmart and SheKnows Media – all opinions are my own.
Our seasons are all off-kilter around here. Rain and hail one day, sunshine and wind the next, then snow – I’m done with this crazy lingering Winter! Ready or not I am whipping up all the Spring recipes, like this sweet and creamy macaroni salad with the perfect balance of flavors.
And can I get an amen for a pasta salad that actually tastes amazing when it’s made fresh and doesn’t have to marinate for hours to get a bit of flavor going on?? I mean if you want to make it ahead of time, more power to you – but don’t feel like you have to! This salad tastes incredible after coming together in just 20 minutes.
I’ve partnered up with Walmart to bring you this tasty Spring pasta salad made with their Great Value Organic Sweet Peas! Walmart carries a wide assortment of high-quality organic products that are perfect for everyday cooking, and special occasions and at competitive prices, you can do it all without breaking the bank.
In fact, Walmart is a convenient one-stop for everything you need to whip up this salad, from the organic sweet peas and macaroni noodles, to all of the fresh vegetables and herbs like celery, red bell peppers, and parsley. When it comes to grocery shopping, I say YESSSSS to being able to snag everything I need for dinner at one place without running all over town with twin toddlers in tow.
I’ve always been picky about my macaroni salads and to be 110 percent honest I usually skip it if I don’t know who made it (or take a courtesy scoop if it’s a relative – shhh!!) but this recipe is positively crave-able. The right balance of textures with tender noodles and crunchy veggies, and that dressing is sweet, creamy perfection!
This is the BEST Ever Creamy Sweet Macaroni Salad and will bring even pasta salad haters back for seconds and thirds.
What people are saying about this BEST Ever Creamy Sweet Macaroni Salad
“I made this for lunch, it was amazing!” – Bonita
“Delicious! Subbed frozen peas for canned (PREFERENCE), but other than that it was PERFECT!” – Abbie
Best Ever Creamy Sweet Macaroni Salad
- 16 ounces Great Value Macaroni Elbows
- 1 15 ounce can Great Value Organic Sweet Peas
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- Boil macaroni noodles in salted water until tender. Drain and run under cold water. In a large bowl combine noodles, red peppers, sweet peas, red onions, green onions, parsley, and celery.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients until smooth. Pour over noodles and veggies and toss to combine. Serve immediately or cover and chill 1-2 hours, then toss immediately before serving.