Quick and easy Pesto Chicken Pasta Salad with fresh ingredients and loads of flavor! This is the perfect side dish for any get together, backyard bbq, or potluck.
This post is sponsored by Walmart and SheKnows Media, all opinions are my own.
Gimme gimme gimme. I can’t get my hands – and mouth – on Summery foods fast enough. The weather has finally taken a solid turn for the better and after a few last minute Winter viruses snuck into our house over the past couple of weeks, I am more ready than ever for all things Spring and Summer, and that includes all the backyard bbq eats.
Pasta salads are my go-to for warm weather side dishes. Throw in some fresh greens and shredded chicken and I’m 100 percent on board.
In partnership with Walmart, today I’m showing you how to throw together a handful of simple ingredients to create this incredibly delicious Pesto Chicken Pasta Salad. Walmart is the one-stop-shop for all of your cooking and entertaining needs, with quality ingredients and amazing variety.
With only eight ingredients, this salad packs an incredible amount of flavor, texture, and that Spring-Summer vibe you want in a pasta salad – though it’s so good you’ll wanna make it all year long!
To whip it up, toss together the cooked pasta, shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken works great!) cherry tomatoes, parmesan cheese, and fresh baby spinach and arugula. Whisk together basil pesto sauce with Italian salad dressing and pour it over the salad. Toss it all together and top it off with some cracked black pepper and grated parmesan cheese and serve immediately or make ahead and chill to serve later. This salad is an absolute crowd-pleaser!
Pesto Chicken Pasta Salad
- 17 ounces Sam's Choice Italia Fusiloni Pasta
- ⅔ cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- ½ cup Sam's Choice Italia Basil Pesto Sauce
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 2 cups shredded chicken - rotisserie chicken works well
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes - halved
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- grated parmesan cheese and cracked black pepper, for topping
- Add spinach and arugula, shredded chicken, tomatoes, and parmesan cheese pasta bowl.
- Whisk together Italian salad dressing and pesto sauce until smooth, then pour over pasta. Toss to combine. Top with cracked black pepper and grated parmesan cheese as desired.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 8 hours and toss just before serving.