Creamy Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Shells topped with melty parmesan cheese. An easy 30 minute family favorite meal for busy weeknights.
I don’t know why, I’m just in a stuffing mood lately. Not turkey stuffing, although Thanksgiving is sneaking up on us pretty quick here. Gahhhh don’t talk about that, back to the non-holiday stuffing. I’ve been stuffing apples like a mad woman lately, no really, I may have a slight addiction. Thank heaven we’ve moved on to pasta right?
I love the flavors of alfredo pasta and if you haven’t tried it with broccoli, you need to, it’s amazing. A little extra flavor, a little texture, not to mention the extra health benefits… just sayin.
I’ve decided I really like this whole inside-out pasta idea. It’s a fun way to switch things up with traditional pasta flavors. This particular recipe is technically vegetarian, but feel free to throw some shredded chicken in the mix for an all-around family favorite dish!
Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- 20 pasta shells - cooked al dente (til just tender), according to package's instructions
- 3 cups alfredo sauce
- 2 cups cooked broccoli florets
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese - divided
- optional: parsley
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup of alfredo sauce in the bottom of the dish.
- In a large bowl combine remaining alfredo sauce, broccoli, mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Stir until combined.
- Spoon broccoli mixture into pasta shells. Place side by side in baking dish (it's okay if they're touching). Sprinkle remaining cheese over shells.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired and serve.