These Hawaiian Ham & Swiss Cheese Sliders are the ultimate party appetizer, topped with a brown sugar and dijon poppyseed sauce, these are ADDICTIVE!
Why This Recipe Works
So Delicious: When you make these Hawaiian ham and Swiss cheese sliders, every single one will disappear. Even if you’re only sharing with one or two other people, I swear they will somehow find the room to pack away a couple more of these!
Effortless: Ham & Cheese sliders on Hawaiian rolls are a wonderful appetizer to make when you want to put in minimal effort for an absolutely delicious outcome. Since you are buying the Hawaiian rolls and the ham and cheese, the only thing you have to do is make is the dijon poppyseed butter that will go on top and assemble!
Great for Get Togethers: If you need appetizers for game day or even a holiday party, these sliders are perfect. There’s definitely enough to feed a group, you can even double the recipe and bake them on a large baking sheet if you’ve got a crowd. Use up your leftover ham or make a stop at the deli counter especially for these, you will not regret it!
Ingredients for Hawaiian Ham & Swiss Cheese Sliders
- Hawaiian Sweet Rolls-You can buy a package of these rolls at your local grocery store!
- Deli Style Ham– Use any kind of ham you have on hand.
- Swiss Cheese– I like thinly sliced Swiss cheese on these, but you can substitute for your favorite kind of cheese.
- Pineapple Rings– These add a tangy flavor and nice texture to the sliders.
- Mayo– A little bit of mayo spread on the rolls will add moisture and flavor.
- For the Topping: Melted Butter, Dijon Mustard, Brown Sugar, Garlic Powder & Poppyseeds.
Here’s How You Make It
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 375 F, and lightly grease a 9 inch baking pan or similar sized casserole dish.
- Slice rolls crosswise so that the rolls are split in half. Do not pull apart the rolls, the top half and bottom half of all of the rolls should be connected.
- Spread mayo over the bottom halves of the rolls. Top with ham, then Swiss cheese, then pineapple halves. Top with the top halves of the rolls.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, dijon mustard, brown sugar, garlic powder and poppyseeds. Brush this mixture over the top of the sliders.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the sliders are golden brown on top.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Don’t omit the poppyseeds! Ok, technically, you can omit them if you want. But, they actually add a wonderful texture and flavor to these ham and cheese sliders so I wouldn’t recommend omitting them.
- If you don’t want to use Swiss cheese, substitute with a cheese that pairs nicely with ham. Something like Havarti, cheddar, Colby Jack, or Provolone would go well in these sliders.
- Use up all that leftover Thanksgiving or Christmas ham for this Hawaiian ham and Swiss cheese sliders recipe!
Frequently Asked Questions
Hawaiian rolls are ideal for this recipe. They are slightly sweet and so soft and tender. You can use other types of dinner rolls, but I can’t promise that they will be as delicious!
To an extent, yes! You can slice the rolls and assemble your ham and cheese sliders and store in the fridge until you are ready to top with the butter mixture and bake!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- Baked Onion Rings
- French Onion Chicken Sliders
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
Hawaiian Ham & Swiss Cheese Sliders
- 12 count Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 12 slices deli-style ham
- 12 slices swiss cheese
- 12 pineapple rings
- ¼ cup mayo - (I used reduced fat)
- 4 tablespoons butter - melted
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease a 9-inch baking dish or similar sized casserole dish.
- Slice rolls crosswise so that the rolls are split in half. (Do not separate the rolls, they should all still be connected when you slice them so that the bottom halves stay connected and the top halves stay connected)
- Spread mayo over the bottom halves. Top with ham slices, then swiss cheese, and then pineapple slices. Top with the top halves of the rolls
- In a small bowl whisk together melted butter, dijon mustard, brown sugar, garlic powder, and poppy seeds. Brush mixture over the sandwiches.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melty and sliders are browned on top.