Juicy French Onion Chicken Sliders topped with melty swiss cheese and savory caramelized onions.
These sliders….. you guys. SO AMAZING. The end.
Gotcha! Not the end. I have more to say. Mostly about the juicy chicken. and the super melty swiss cheese. and the tender savory caramelized onions on fluffy slider buns. We had these for dinner a couple of weeks back (though really, they would make an incredible appetizer too) and I couldn’t get enough. If I’d had enough physical stomach space I would have eaten all 8 of them myself.
My favorite part ended up being the dijon mustard, which usually I would go light on due to personal taste, but I ended up dipping these sliders into hoards and hoards of extra dijon mustard. I’m putting these back on the menu right away because I can’t get over how amazing the flavor of these soup-inspired sandwiches is! Plus they’re easy peasy and come together in 30 minutes or less!
Winner winner French onion chicken slider dinner.
French Onion Chicken Sliders
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts - each cut in half crosswise to make 8 total
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 large yellow onion - thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 pieces lettuce
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- dijon mustard - to taste
- 8 slider buns
- Melt butter in a medium skillet or pan. Add onion slices and saute for 5-10 minutes until translucent and caramelized. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste and Italian seasoning. In the same pan you used for the onions, cook chicken over medium heat 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Place one slice of cheese on top of each piece of chicken. Turn off heat then cover until cheese is melted.
- Assemble sliders by spreading dijon mustard on one half of each slider bun. Top with lettuce, chicken and cheese, and caramelized onions then the second half of the slider buns. Serve immediately.