Salty, crispy Roasted Garlic Artichoke Bread, made with 3 kinds of cheese and baked til melty. This makes a great appetizer, or add grilled chicken for a hearty main dish.
We finally (FINALLY) put up our new front door. And when I say “we” I mean my husband. But man I give some really great moral support. When we first looked at this house we did not like the curb appeal, it was – how can I put it nicely…. ug-LEE. A nasty brown and aged yellow that was disgusting. We just got it painted last month (after 6 months of trying to decide on a paint color) and now, at last, we have replaced the 70’s floral purple and blue stained glass door with a modern-farmhouse looking door painted a classy white to match our new trim. If you haven’t seen my pictures on Instagram, click HERE!
Okay now, forget about home makeovers for a second and focus on one of the greatest recipes to ever come out of the Creme de la Crumb test kitchen. Artichoke dip is definitely one of my top 3 favorite appetizers to order at a restaurant, and a couple of months ago I posted this incredible (seriously, better than restaurant) version you can make in a crockpot.
But turn that dip into a bread and it takes the whole garlic artichoke thing to a new level of wonderful. My husband is not the biggest fan of artichoke but this bread won him over so that says a lot about how amazing it is. And it’s easy! Mix everything together, spread it on the bread, bake it til bubbly. DONE. Perfect cheesy garlic artichoke bread goodness in your mouth. Ohhhh yes.
Roasted Garlic Artichoke Bread
- 1 loaf French bread (or similar crusty white bread loaf)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 14-ounce can quartered artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 400. Slice the top off of the bread loaf. (Discard the top or use for another recipe) Finely chop half of the artichoke hearts, set aside the un-chopped hearts.
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, minced garlic, finely chopped artichoke hearts, mayo, 1/4 cup mozzarella, and 1/4 cup parmesan. Mix until well combined. Spread mixture on top of bread.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top of creamed mixture. In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add remaining artichokes and saute until browned. Place sautéed artichokes on top of bread.
- Place bread on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melty and bubbly. Slice bread and serve warm.