Italian Artichoke Chicken – This creamy Italian Artichoke Chicken is easy, quick, and SO good! Triple win!! Make it tonight for dinner!
Yay for stress-free, ready in a hurry dinners! This week has been stress-full and I really just don’t need any added worries in the kitchen department. So a quick and easy delicious dinner is exactly what the doctor ordered.
The only thing that could have made this dinner any easier is if I’d done it in the slow cooker. If anyone does decide to try it out, please let me know how it goes, I’d love to hear that this was crock-pot doable.
It’s pretty obvious that I love my crock pot. Check out a few of my favorite reasons why here.
I actually think my husband might be getting a tad bit jealous with how fondly I speak of my crock pot.I haven’t named him yet though so it can’t be that bad right?
Besides the quick-and-easy loveability of this recipe, I also adore it’s lightness. Italian meals tend to get a bad rap for being heavy and carb-loaded. Sure there’s carbs in this dish but trust me, it doesn’t sit in your stomach like a steak burrito does. (Do not mistake that comment for a disdain for steak burritos, they happen to be one of my most favorite things on this earth.) This chicken is light and creamy and soooo good.
P.S. I chopped my tomatoes really BIG so that my husband could pick them out (who doesn’t like tomatoes??) but if you prefer them smaller, go for it. You can leave them out if you are a house full of tomato-haters. But please please do not leave out the artichokes. This is Italian artichoke chicken after all.
Easy Italian Artichoke Chicken
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts - cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- salt and pepper - to taste
- ½ cup fat free milk
- ¾ cup plain greek yogurt - (I used fat free)
- ¾ cup light mayo
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano - divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil - divided
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 4-ounce jars marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 roma tomatoes - chopped or diced
- ½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 cups cooked spiral noodles - (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375. (400 for higher altitudes)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, set aside. Whisk together milk, greek yogurt, and mayo until smooth. Stir in garlic, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, and 1/2 teaspoon basil. Add chicken and stir to coat. Spread into lightly greased baking dish.
- In a small bowl toss chopped tomatoes and artichokes with olive oil, and remaining oregano, basil, and garlic powder.
- Top chicken mixture with seasoned tomatoes and artichokes. Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve over warm noodles and top with additional Italian seasonings if desired.