One pan baked lemon chicken and artichokes with a sweet and tangy lemon and garlic glaze makes the perfect 30 minute meal for busy weeknights.
There’s something about the combination of honey, lemon, and garlic together that just makes my heart happy. If all those things are coming together in a one pan – slash- sheet pan meal that can be prepped and baked in about thirty minutes, well that’s my little heaven right there.
I must’ve been about 8 or 10 years old the first time I remember trying an artichoke. It was at my grandparents home in Southern California, dinner on the back patio beneath their pale blue wooden awning with little bowls of mayonnaise and melted butter for dipping. The melted butter comes from my Mom’s side, the mayonnaise from my Dad’s. I love them both.
The Health Science major side of me says no way to dipping flower petals in butter and mayo but the food-lover side of me says YESSSSSS. The food-lover side generally wins, even if it’s just by a hair.
This 30 minute meal needs to happen in your kitchen this week. I’m actually out of an at the moment, what with being in the middle of a kitchen remodel, so I’ll be dreaming of this chicken and artichoke dinner all week, but you can actually enjoy the real deal.
One sheet pan, a handful of ingredients, easy peasy YUMMY chicken dinner.
What people are saying about this One Pan Baked Lemon Chicken and Artichokes
“This was tasty, tender and quick! Thanks for sharing the recipe.” – Jim
One Pan Baked Lemon Chicken and Artichokes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to even thickness - OR 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup quartered artichoke hearts
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup butter - melted
- juice of 1 lemon - (3-4 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a large baking sheet. Spread chicken and artichokes out on the baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together butter, lemon juice, honey, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Pour sauce over chicken and artichokes.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, spooning sauce from pan over the chicken and artichokes half way through and again at the end. Garnish with fresh thyme or oregano and serve immediately.