Creamy Spinach Artichoke Soup – A quick and easy soup with spinach, artichoke hearts, and tortellini! So creamy, so delicious!
I’ve had this soup recipe waiting to be posted for weeks. Probably since around Christmas time. It was absolutely, incredibly delicious. But when January rolled around, I came down with a major case of Spring fever and I’ve been boycotting winter-y recipes ever since. I actually do eat soup all year round, but I usually don’t make soup all year round. This is my very last soup recipe for the season. Farewell Winter… I will not miss you!
The thing I love about soups like this is how easy they are to make and how quickly they come together. We’re talking less than thirty minutes to get dinner on the table. And not a hot-n-ready pizza, this is quality Italian rich n’ creamy soup we’re having for dinner. The artichoke-spinach-garlicky-tortellini combo is fantastic! If you’re considering a farewell to soup season, this Creamy Spinach Artichoke Soup is the recipe to finish it off with a bang!
If you like this spinach artichoke soup, you’ll enjoy my Panera Bread Broccoli Cheese Soup.
Creamy Spinach Artichoke Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts - chopped
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups chicken broth - (or vegetable broth for vegetarian)
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves - chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese*
- 2 cups half and half - (fat free or regular)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces cooked tortellini - (plain, cheese or spinach)
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese - plus more for topping
- Melt butter in a large, deep pan over medium heat. When butter is melted, add artichokes and sauté 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook another minute or so until fragrant. Stir in flour and stir til butter and flour clumps up.
- Add broth and whisk until smooth. Add spinach and cream cheese. Continue to stir until cream cheese is melted, then whisk in half and half and salt. Add tortellini and parmesan and stir until parmesan is melted. Serve warm and top with additional parmesan cheese if desired.