Easy cheesy five ingredient hot and Melty Pesto Mozzarella Chicken Sliders make the ultimate appetizer for parties and holidays. Not a single one will be leftover!
This recipe is in partnership with Buitoni refrigerated pastas and sauces, all opinions are my own.
My slider obsession is borderline out of control these days. I can’t remember the last time I made a “normal” full-sized sandwich, but we’ve had sliders twice this week alone and I have solid plans to go for round three before the week is finished.
There’s just something about smaller food that makes it more appealing am I right?? Mini egg rolls, mini pizzas, mini sandwiches, it’s all adorable and delicious.
These sliders are the perfect thing to feed a crowd for a holiday party or family get together. This recipe makes 18 sliders and you can buy packs of slider buns by the 18 pretty easily so this is perfect.
Pro tip: if you buy buns that are connected, don’t separate them! Simply use a bread knife to slice all the way through the buns crosswise while still attached and place the bottom half in the pan, saving the top half for the end of the recipe. Winning!
So these easy cheesy delicious sliders only have five ingredients? Yes! The buns, some shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken works great!), slices of mozzarella cheese, melted butter, and pesto sauce.
I love using Buitoni Basil with Pesto refrigerated sauce for these sliders because it has fantastic, savory flavors, and cuts prep time down by not having to make my own from scratch. When I’m planning party food, Can be Prepped Super Quickly is at the top of my list of absolute musts. Buitoni Basil with Pesto is made with fragrant basil, pine nuts, garlic, walnuts, aged parmesan and Romano cheeses with extra virgin olive oil.
This is basically my love language.
My husband “mmmmmmmm’d” while eating these sliders for dinner the other night which tells you two things. One, they are crazy delicious because he does not give up the “mmmmm” for just any old recipe. And two, these are good enough you’ll want to have them for you main dish.
These will be a complete hit at your next party, guaranteed!
Try my 5-Minute Pesto recipe next!
Pesto Mozzarella Chicken Sliders
- 18 slider buns - cut in half crosswise
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken - (rotisserie chicken works great!)
- 11 ounces Buitoni Pesto with Basil
- 2 tablespoons butter - melted
- 15 slices mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup mayo - optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan. Arrange the bottom halves of the slider buns side by side in the pan. In a small bowl stir together melted butter and 2 tablespoons of the pesto and set aside.
- Spread mayo on the bottom sliders buns (optional) then layer evenly with shredded chicken, pesto, mozzarella slices, and finish with top halves of the buns. Brush pesto-butter mixture over the tops of the sliders.
- Bake for 10 minutes uncovered, then cover with foil and continue to bake 10-15 more minutes until cheesy is melted. Serve warm.