Ham and Cheese Sliders on homemade, fluffy and buttery herb rolls. Ready in an hour and perfect for that leftover holiday ham!
This post was sponsored and made in partnership with Fleischmann’s® Yeast. Thanks for letting me work with the brands I love!
I don’t know how November snuck up on us so quickly but somehow I’m planning my holiday menu already. Right down to the sweet potato casserole, cranberry salad, and homemade pumpkin pie. But I get just as excited about planning my post-Thanksgiving food.
At my house we have both turkey, and ham for Thanksgiving so there are a lot of leftovers. I think I like the leftovers just as much as the day-of food!
Whipping up a batch of these easy, super fluffy and completely delicious buttery herb rolls is the solution to your Turkey Day leftovers. Fleischmann’s® RapidRise ™ Yeast takes the stress out of making fresh, homemade rolls. This recipe is a twist on Fleischmann’s classic Beginner’s Dinner Rolls, and they’re ready in less than an hour and are so delicious.
I’m calling these ham sliders, but turkey works just as well on these tasty rolls, trust me!
If you’re wondering if you have to turn these rolls into sandwiches, the answer is absolutely not. They are so delicious straight from the oven, warm and buttery, so fully of flavor… I could eat the entire batch in one sitting by myself.
But if you’ve got some leftover ham and you’re wondering what to do with it, this is the answer. There’s nothing better than ham and Swiss cheese, with dijon and mayo sandwiched in the perfect roll!
Ham and Cheese Sliders on Buttery Herb Rolls
- 2-2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 packet Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk - (whole or 2 percent)
- ¼ cup water
- 5 tablespoons butter - divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- 4 tablespoons mayo
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 10 slices deli ham
- 5 slices Swiss cheese - sliced
- Combine 3/4 cup flour, sugar, dry yeast and salt in a large mixer bowl and stir until blended. Combine milk, water and 2 tablespoons butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH in 15 second increments until very warm but not hot to the touch (120° to 130°F. Butter won’t melt completely). Add to flour mixture.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add 1/4 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in just enough of the remaining flour (1 to 1-1/4 cups) so that the dough will form into a ball.
- Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic and springs back when lightly pressed with 2 fingers, about 6 to 8 minutes. Cut dough into 12 equal pieces; shape into balls using your hands. Place in greased 8-inch round or square pan. Cover with towel; let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter and stir in Italian seasoning. Brush over rolls. Bake in preheated 375ºF oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and cut rolls in half.
- Stir mayo and dijon mustard together, then spread on the bottom halves of the rolls. top with Swiss cheese, ham, and the top half of the roll, serve.
This post is in partnership with Fleischmann’s® Yeast.