Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers – Easy oven fried chicken tenders tossed in a delicious sweet and spicy honey chipotle sauce!
Ever been to Chili’s? Annnnnd did you try their Chicken Crispers? I bet you can’t guess where I’m going with this. Chili’s Chicken Crispers were my inspiration for this dish. My husband and I went to Chili’s often when we were dating and he always ordered their Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers. The sauce here is the real star of the show, so sweet and sassy with that chipotle spice… I just can’t. get. enough! You won’t believe how easy these are. Simply coat the chicken strips, let em bake til crispy, dip them in the sauce, and then smother them in cool and creamy ranch dressing.
Ranch dressing: not a requirement, but totally recommended.
Easy oven fried chicken tenders tossed in a sweet and spicy honey chipotle sauce!
What people are saying about these Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers
“OMG. THESE THINGS RIGHT HERE……..THE MOST AMAZING DINNER I HAVE EVER MADE!!! My boyfriend DEVOURED them. I loved them. They were still good heated up. Made them with those infamous crack potatoes. My bf asked when I was making these again and asked what I needed haha. Seriously bangin. I have been looking for the recipe to elicit this reaction from him.” – Amanda
“I made this tonight for my family. My husband said it was “Wonderful!!” I asked him if he wanted to try it with the Ranch Dressing and he said, No, it doesn’t need anything else. I made macaroni and cheese, with steamed broccoli crowns for the sides and a baked potato for him because he hates macaroni and cheese. When asked if they wanted me to make it another time and they said, “Yes, this is great.” Bad thing, should have doubled the recipe, cause my son’s wanted to take some for their lunch tomorrow. We got a winner! Thank you for the winning yummy picture!” – Patty
“Thank you for sharing this recipe! Made it For the 2nd time tonight… yummy both times and easy to make. I used chicken tenders. 1st time I used crackers crumbs because I didn’t have bread crumbs.. Good but bread crumbs were better!” – Dana
“Made this dish for supper tonight and my son and husband inhaled them. We definitely could have had them spicier so next time I will dice up a bit of the chipotle pepper and add it to the sauce. We will be having these again and again.”
Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts - pounded to ½ inch thickness and sliced into strips
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, - lightly whisked
- 8 tablespoons butter - melted
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons chipotle adobo sauce - (the sauce that chipotle peppers are packed in inside the can! These can be found in the latino section at the market near the canned jalapeños.)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce - (I used Franks)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- ⅓ cup cold water
- optional: ranch dressing for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400. Pour melted butter onto a large baking sheet and brush to coat entire surface.
- Whisk together flour, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Place bread crumbs in a second bowl, and eggs in a third bowl. Dip chicken into flour and turn to coat. Next, dip chicken into egg, turning to coat, and lastly into panko bread crumbs, tossing to coat well. Place coated chicken strips in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes, then flip strips over and bake another 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
- While the chicken strips are baking, prepare the sauce. Add all ingredients except for water and corn starch to a large sauce pan and bring to a gently boil, whisking throughout. Whisk together cold water and corn starch until corn starch is dissolved. When sauce reaches a boil, add corn starch-water mixture and stir until sauce thickens. Reduce heat to low.
- When chicken strips are finished baking, dip chicken strips in sauce, tossing to coat. Serve warm with ranch dressing for dipping if desired.