This creamy chicken avocado salad sandwich is so packed with yummy flavor you would never guess it’s actually healthy!
Blogging Day 366: a sandwich.You’d think after a year of blogging and cooking full time I’d be sharing things like poached eggs with hollandaise sauce or something elegant like that. Nope. Just keepin’ it real around here with a skinny chicken avocado salad on a hoagie roll. Yeah. . . we’re classy like that.
This sandwich may not look like much but it is sooooooo delish, you will be looking for any excuse to make it. My husband has asked me to make it twice in the past two weeks and just said the other day, “So those sandwiches, they aren’t real hard to make right? Cause I’m probably gonna want it again soon…” There you have it. From Mister Business Casual himself (aka MBC, aka my good lookin hubbs). And I just have to mention, he is not a cold-cut sandwich guy. It always has to be hot with melty cheese, or toasty grilled. But this chicken avocado sandwich is served chilled or at room temp and he loooooves it. So it’s gotta be good right?
(P.S. He doesn’t even know it’s skinny AND it has greek yogurt in it which he detests – shhhh! )
What people are saying about these Skinny Chicken Avocado Salad Sandwiches
“Made this for dinner time tonight. Used drumsticks instead of breasts. Used spicy brown mustard instead of Dijon. Was delicious! Thanks for sharing.” – Row
“This is so yummy and flavorful! We loved everything about it and I will definitely make it again!” – Crissy
Skinny Chicken Avocado Salad Sandwiches
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 2 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons reduced fat mayo
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fat free plain greek yogurt
- 4 hoagie rolls or pita pockets
- optional: lettuce and tomatoes
- Add garlic powder, seasoning salt, sugar, dijon mustard, mayo, and greek yogurt to a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken, avocados, celery, and onions and stir to coat well. Spread mixture onto hoagie rolls or stuff into pita pockets. Add additional toppings such as lettuce and tomatoes. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.*