Easy and delicious honey mustard chicken cobb salad is healthy, hearty main dish salad that will leave everyone begging for more.
T H I S C O B B S A L A D. Cobb salad by itself is a wonderful thing, but every now and then you need to switch things up and sometimes that switch up can lead to something downright delicious. I didn’t think it was possible but somehow the combination of bacon + avocado + tomato + h.b. egg gets even better when you bring in a creamy honey mustard dressing.
This salad is what I’d call “Dad-worthy”. My dad will eat salads but he’s pretty picky about them and I remember all growing up, he’d make a bit of a joke about it whenever my mom would serve a salad as a side dish and he ended up really liking it. He’d always say “mighty tasty weeds!”. I know. So corny. But whenever I make a salad – side dish or main dish – I imagine my dad trying it and try to decide whether or not he’d give it is “tasty weeds” stamp of approval.
This honey mustard chicken cobb salad is absolutely dad-worthy. Bacon? Egg? Avocado? Thick and creamy honey mustard dressing?? Oh yeah. My dad would devour this.
Also, I can’t pass up an opportunity to point out that this recipe uses my favorite trick for main dish salads – using the dressing as a marinade for chicken. All it needs is thirty minutes in the fridge and that chicken will be full of yummalicious honey mustard flavor. A little tang, a little savory, a little sweet… it’s heaven.
Honey Mustard Chicken Cobb Salad
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes - halved
- ½ red onion - thinly sliced
- 1 avocado - thinly sliced
- 4 slices bacon - cooked til crispy and chopped
- 4 hard boiled eggs - thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ cup + 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Divide dressing in half. Cover and chill half of the dressing, transfer remaining half of dressing to a large resealable bag. Add chicken to bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cook chicken on the stove over medium heat or on the grill 5-8 minutes on each side until cooked through. Slice chicken into strips.
- Assemble salads with lettuce on the bottom, topped with chicken, bacon, onions, eggs, and tomatoes. Use reserved dressing to drizzle over salad and top with freshly cracked black pepper if desired.