Set it and forget it – an easy and tasty slow cooker recipe for chicken caesar sandwiches!
Can I just get a woot! woot! for super easy dinner ideas? Thank you. I am positive you just woot-wooted in the chair where you sit and I appreciate that.
When I was little and firmly believed that anything green was poisonous, I refused to eat salad. Well that is except for one kind of salad. Caesar salad.
I may have branched out and fallen in love with a few, or 9 million, other salad variations . . . but caesar salad still holds a special little corner of my heart. But why eat it on a plate by itself when you can turn it into a sandwich?? You can make these as full-sized sandwiches but you know I’ve got a thing for sliders. Little things are cuter and taste yummier. It’s science.
Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sliders
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 cup caesar salad dressing
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese - or Italian blend cheeses
- 4 sandwich buns - or 6-8 slider buns
- optional: lettuce and sliced tomatoes
- Place chicken and water in a slow cooker. Cook on low 4 hours or high 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker, discard water, and shred chicken with two forks.
- Return chicken to slow cooker. Stir in parsley, parmesan cheese, and caesar dressing. Cook another 30 minutes.
- Serve shredded chicken warm on slider buns. Add tomatoes and lettuce and top with additional cheese if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Real Mom Kitchen.
This sandwich looks amazing! And it’s perfect to eat during a world cup match!
I LOVE that these are served warm! Such a creative spin on a classic!
These look really good!