Set it and forget it – an easy and tasty slow cooker recipe for chicken caesar sandwiches!
Can I just get a woot! woot! for super easy dinner ideas? Thank you. I am positive you just woot-wooted in the chair where you sit and I appreciate that.
When I was little and firmly believed that anything green was poisonous, I refused to eat salad. Well that is except for one kind of salad. Caesar salad.
I may have branched out and fallen in love with a few, or 9 million, other salad variations . . . but caesar salad still holds a special little corner of my heart. But why eat it on a plate by itself when you can turn it into a sandwich?? You can make these as full-sized sandwiches but you know I’ve got a thing for sliders. Little things are cuter and taste yummier. It’s science.
Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sliders
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 cup caesar salad dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese or Italian blend cheeses
- 4 sandwich buns or 6-8 slider buns
- optional: lettuce and sliced tomatoes
- Place chicken and water in a slow cooker. Cook on low 4 hours or high 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker, discard water, and shred chicken with two forks.
- Return chicken to slow cooker. Stir in parsley, parmesan cheese, and caesar dressing. Cook another 30 minutes.
- Serve shredded chicken warm on slider buns. Add tomatoes and lettuce and top with additional cheese if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Real Mom Kitchen.