Creamy Chicken Caesar Lasagna with creamy parmesan, fresh basil, and cherry tomatoes. This dish is a no-fuss instant family favorite!!
It’s pasta time!!! Say hello to the creamiest, cheesiest, yummiest lasagna spin-off you will ever meet.
I could eat this sauce with a spoon you guys. Straightup. It basically consists of two components: 1) alfredo sauce (homemade or store-bought, take your pick!) and 2) caesar dressing. Ummm, yes, caesar salad dressing. Does that sound a little strange?? It’s not! Do you like caesar dressing on your salads? You do? Good. Then you will absolutely adore it hot and melty in your lasagna, I guarantee it.
Side note: I am getting my countertops today (HAPPIEST DANCE EVER) which means that I will fiiiiiiinally be able to cook in my own kitchen again. Have you noticed the plethora of desserts and baked goods showing up here these past couple of weeks on CDLC?
That’s because my stash of recipes that I so fervently accumulated before the kitchen remodel began has been running low and I have – no joke – been visiting my parents to borrow their kitchen. And since it’s kind of a nightmare to try to transport a full dinner home to photograph the next morning, I’ve been plowing through my list of sweet treats that I’ve been wanting to make for the past forever but never get to because I’m always distracted with really awesome savory dishes.
It’s been a joy, it really has, but I miss the spicy, and the saucy, and the cheesy galore. It’s time to have a kitchen again.
But this lasagna. I don’t like traditional red sauce lasagna, and neither does the hubbs. But replace those typical fillers with a zesty creamy white sauce, roasted red peppers, and seasoned Italian chicken?? OH YES. That we can get on board with. X1000. So worry not, even picky eaters will be licking their fingers after tasting this easy peasy super creamy chicken caesar lasagna.
Creamy Chicken Caesar Lasagna
- 9 whole wheat or regular lasagna noodles
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts - pounded to even thickness
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cups homemade or store-bought alfredo sauce
- 2 cups creamy caesar salad dressing
- 1 jar roasted red bell peppers - drained and roughly chopped
- 1 cup shredded parmesan or Italian-blend cheese
- optional: fresh basil, 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish. In a medium bowl stir together alfredo sauce and caesar dressing. Set aside.
- Cook the lasagna noodles al dente according to package instructions. (Do not over-cook, they will continue cooking slightly later in the oven) Drain and set aside.
- While the noodles are boiling, prepare the chicken. Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cook chicken in a pan or skillet over medium heat 3-5 minutes on each side until cooked through, transfer to a cutting board and chop into 1/2-inch chunks.
- Lay three lasagna noodles side-by-side in the bottom of your prepared baking dish. Spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture on top, sprinkle with 1/3 of the chicken pieces, 1/2 of the red peppers, and sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheese.
- Repeat layers. (3 noodles, 1/3 of sauce, 1/3 of chicken, remaining red peppers, 1/3 of cheese). Finish layering your final 3 noodles, remaining sauce, remaining chicken, and remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melty and sauce is heated through all layers. Top with fresh basil and tomatoes if desired and serve.
Recipe adapted from BHG.