This pasta salad is so easy to make and always a hit at a party!
I brought this pasta salad to my brother’s swim/birthday party a couple of weeks ago when he was in town. It all disappeared so either it was insanely delicious and everyone was fighting over the last noodle, orrrrr they were all completely famished from the swim fest. Technically it could be either, but I am gonna go with the first option. The one where everyone loved it so much that they fought over who gets to lick the bowl.
Oh wait… that might have been me who licked the bowl.
Chicken caesar salad has always been a favorite of mine. In fact, I think it was the first salad I ever enjoyed eating when I was a kid. If it wasn’t caesar, it was just leafy green weeds in need of a gallon of dressing to make it even edible. In recent years I’ve expanded my salad horizons but I still come back to the old classic caesar. It’s a classic for a reason, and that reason is that caesar salad is crazy delicioso. And if you haven’t tried noodles and greens together, you’re about to get your socks knocked off with this pasta salad. The flavors are amazing, it’s incredibly easy to make, and will please even picky non-salad-eaters. Can’t go wrong with a salad like that!
- 8 ounces rotini pasta, cooked
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups caesar dressing
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups croutons
- Season chicken with garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium heat 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Chop into bite size pieces.
- Add all remaining ingredients to a large bowl and toss to combine. Cover and chill until ready to serve.