Easy, creamy and cheesy Slow Cooker Chicken Quesadillas made with juicy slow cooked chicken and mounds of irresistible melted cheese!
Ohhhhh how I love a good quesadilla.
I say “good” like I’m picky about my quesadillas and hold them to a high standard but if we’re being totally honest, I really don’t. Give me two tortillas filled with melty cheese and I’m a happy camper.
When I was younger – much younger – and wouldn’t even make myself a ham n’ cheese sandwich (mom, it tastes sooo much better when you make it…) there was one thing I would routinely cook for myself. If you can even call it cooking. But quesadillas were my butter and bread and my saving grace many a night after soccer practice or 5 hours of rigorous ballet technique. (yes, rigorous – you burn a lot of calories in ballet folks, never been in better shape in my life.)
Eventually I ventured out and started adding extra yumminess to my quesadillas. I still remember the first time I put ham slices in my cheese quesadillas – probably felt something similar to whatever was going through that dude’s head that invented the wheel.
It was a special moment.
This though… this slow cooker chicken and creamy goodness thing that is happening… it’s a whole new level of awesome quesadillaness. The creaminess… the cheesiness… the chicken-ness….
It’s all too wonderful. And too easy.
I love it when a few simple ingredients come together to invent something you wished you’d had all your life. And a bonus: everybody loves these quesadillas. Moms, dads, kids, babies (provided they’ve grown a few teeth), neighbors, high school teenagers barging in the backdoor at lunch time….
It’s a please-all. And everybody needs a please-all up their sleeve.
What people are saying about these Slow Cooker Chicken Quesadillas
“These were absolutely delicious! We used corn tortillas and followed the recipe pretty much exactly how you say to you. Just in case it was going to be too spicy for my three-year-old I put half a can of the diced chiles and the rest of my 2nd 10-oz can of Rotel. It was delicious! Will definitely keep this one and eat it again and again. It was SO easy and delicious!!! Thank you so much!” – Alison
“These were awesome! They satisfy my need for quesadillas without making me drive to Taco Bell at 10pm anymore.” – Jackie
“This is an amazing recipe! We made pico de gallo and guacamole with it. We ate this for three days straight and loved every last morsel. Thank you for posting this simple, yet awesome recipe, Tiffany.” – T. Davis
Slow Cooker Chicken Quesadillas
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 15-ounce can Rotel diced tomatoes (mild or medium)
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles
- 2 cups shredded mexican style cheese
- 8-12 large flour tortillas
- Add chicken, cream cheese, Rotel, and diced green chiles to a lightly greased slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low 3-4 hours.
- Remove lid from slow cooker, use 2 forks to shred chicken breasts. Stir all ingredients until creamy.
- Pre-heat a large greased pan or non-stick skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle 1 tortilla evenly with shredded cheese. Spread chicken mixture evenly on top of cheese. Sprinkle a little more cheese on top of the chicken mixture. Top with a second tortilla.
- Cook the quesadilla over medium heat for about 2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. (*see note) Repeat process with remaining tortillas, cheese, and chicken mixture.
- Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to slice quesadillas into triangles. Serve warm with salsa or sour cream if desired.