5 Ingredient Chicken Verde Tortilla Pie is an instant family favorite in 30 minutes or less – it’s easy as pie!!
It’s the weekend. I’m excited. In case you couldn’t tell.
In addition to the inevitable happiness that comes simply from waking up on a Saturday morning, I was especially joyful to see my furniture, in all of it’s white and classy Ikea glory, finished and in my bedroom.
It came in 5 billion pieces but it is now in 4. Two dressers, two nightstands, worth every bit of frustration and sweat that went into putting them together.
At least that’s what my husband says.
Yayyyyy for matching bedroom furniture!
And holla for ridiculously easy 5 ingredient meals that take less than 30 minutes and taste MEGA yummy.
My husband, he’s funny. He loved this meal because it’s so dang delicious – and it is, ohhhh it is. But I think that was only half of it because he kept saying “we’re having PIE for dinner!!”
We’re really just big kids. We like the idea of having dessert for dinner, even if it tastes more like a taco than chocolate satin.
Lookin’ for a quick and easy meal to mix up your dinner rotation?
THIS. IS. IT.
5 Ingredient Chicken Verde Tortilla Pie
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 16 ounces salsa verde (green salsa) (about 1 1/2-2 cups)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 10-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican style cheese (cheddar, monterey jack, etc)
- optional additions: black beans, additional sour cream, cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, mix chicken, all but 1/3 cup of the salsa, and sour cream. (*see note)
- In a greased pie dish (*see note) lay one tortilla in the bottom of the dish. Add 1/2 of the chicken mixture and spread it out in a layer on top of the tortilla. Add the second tortilla, then remaining chicken mixture, then top with last tortilla.
- On top of the last tortilla, spread the remaining 1/3 cup salsa verde over the top, then sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes until cheese is bubbly and completely melted. Serve warm with additional sour cream if desired and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
*If you don't have a deep pie dish, you can use a casserole dish. In this case, it works better to use about 8 6-8 inch flour tortillas to make the tortilla layers.