Easy restaurant-style Fire Roasted Salsa you can whip up in the blender with zesty lime, and spicy roasted tomatoes!
Hey hey, I made salsa! Are you excited?? You should be.
This fire roasted salsa has thee best flavor. As good or better than any restaurant salsa I’ve ever tried.. and that’s sayin’ something because if a restaurant offers salsa on the menu, there’s about a 78% chance I’ve tried it. In fact with Mexican restaurants, I always say you can judge the whole place by the salsa they serve. Please consider the following scenarios:
1) Perfectly chunky-smooth savory and spicy salsa that makes you want to skip the chips and dump it straight into your mouth = the food shall be nothing short of mind-blowing.
2) So-so salsa with mediocre flavor and texture that make you say “meh, it’s alright” = the food will most likely be good but nothing to write home about.
3) Terrible salsa with either no flavor or terrible flavor (too sweet: YUCK), or nasty texture (baby food anyone?) = watch out, you’ll probably wish you’d opted for Taco Bell.
4) No salsa = high-tail your britches out of there, what kind of Mexican restaurant doesn’t serve salsa?!
This salsa would easily fit into scenario 1: addictive flavor and spot-on texture, perfect for dunking tortilla chips and goes amazingly with tacos, rice and beans, enchiladas, tamales, tostadas, burritos, taquitos, or just about any other Mexican dish you can imagine.
And all of that flavor comes from just 8 simple ingredients. Start with smoky fire roasted tomatoes, then add jalapeños for some kick, green chiles, cilantro, lime, salt, garlic, and onions. That’s it! And about 2 minutes in your blender or food processor will do the trick. You won’t be able to resist some sampling but if you have the extra time, chill it for at least an hour before serving for maximum yummy flavor!
Fire Roasted Salsa
- 2 15-ounce cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chilis
- 1 small red onion - diced
- 1 large handful cilantro leaves
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons salt - to taste
- 1-2 jalapeños - seeded and diced
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and pulse until all ingredients come together and pureed.
- Serve immediately or, for best flavor cover and chill for 1-2 hours or longer. Store chilled in airtight container.