Fresh mango and black bean salsa – it just takes a few ingredients to whip up this quick, healthy, and TASTY appetizer!
This salsa is one of the first “successful” things I whipped up in our closet-sized kitchen after we were married. I saw something in a magazine featuring a salsa with mangoes and black beans and it just screamed MAKE ME!!! Or rather “eat me!
” but I had to make it in order to eat it ya know?
After a couple of attempts and some experimentation, I found the perfect balance of sweet, savory, and spicy. My husband and I ADORE this mango black bean salsa.
It’s so easy to whip up in just minutes and using only a few ingredients. And now that summer is around the corner and I’m seeing mangoes in the grocery store, I couldn’t be more excited to make this a summertime staple in my fridge!
Mango Black Bean Salsa
- 1 can black beans - drained and rinsed
- 2 large mangoes - diced
- ½ red onion - diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup cilantro - roughly chopped
- salt and pepper - to taste
- optional: one jalapeño, seeds removed and finely diced - - only add this if you like it SPICY!
- In a large bowl combine beans, mangoes, onions, seasonings, and lime juice. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Store covered in airtight container in the fridge up to 2 days. Serve with tortilla chips.