Sweet strawberries, bright avocados, red onions, cilantro, and spicy jalapeños come together in a tasty summer Strawberry Avocado Salsa you can whip up in minutes!
I have a well-known salsa addiction. I don’t even attempt to hide it or make excuses, I’ve come to own it out-right and embrace it. Back in grade school I’d come home from school/dance/soccer/etc and make a beeline straight for the refrigerator for a jar of salsa, making a pit stop at the pantry for a bag of tortilla chips on my way to the kitchen table.
I’d have eaten the salsa straight up with a spoon but my mother said that was “ludicrous”.
Sometimes I’m ludicrous.
I typically shy away from store-bought fruity salsas because I have this thing about Mexican food needing to be 100% savory and mouth-burningly spicy whenever possible. But as I’ve found, I like a lot of foods I didn’t think I used to like when I can make them myself and cater to my taste preference. Like with cole slaw, I used to think I hated coleslaw. But when I make it myself I hit the savory side harder than the sweet side and go light on the mayo. Love it.
In the case of fruity salsas, I let the fruit do the sweet talking and then bring in some big bold savory flavors like lime, avocado, red onions, and fresh jalapeños.
This salsa is the perfect balance of sweet, spicy, and savory. I thought there was no way my husband and I could get through an entire batch but we did…. in a single sitting. OOPS!
What people are saying about this Strawberry Avocado Salsa
“Omg just made this and it is to die for. I’m a wimp when it comes to spicy so I subbed bell pepper for jalapeño and it was so good.” – Sara
“Just made this. Yumo! I totally forgot the cilantro. Mine doesn’t look near as nice, but it is tasty!” – Stacey
Strawberry Avocado Salsa
- 1 pound strawberries - hulled and diced
- 2 large avocados - pitted and diced
- ½ red onion - diced
- 1-2 jalapeños - seeded and very finely chopped (see note)
- juice of ½ lime
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ cup cilantro leaves - roughly chopped
- tortilla chips - for serving
- Combine all ingredients (besides chips) in a bowl and stir to combine. Be sure to stir gently so you don’t smash the avocados.
- Taste, add salt if desired, and serve immediately with tortilla chips or cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.