Shrimp and Veggie Spring Rolls with fresh, colorful veggies and creamy peanut dipping sauce make the perfect easy Summer appetizer or main dish!
This recipe is in partnership with Walmart – all opinions are my own.
My house is in full-blown SUMMER mode. My kids aren’t even school age yet and Summer still feels so much different than the rest of the year.
We’ve been doing all the warm weather things like swimming, the amusement park around the corner from us, backyard bbqs with grilling, lunch picnics in the backyard, and roasting s’mores in the evenings over our little firepit. I love this time of year and especially the food that comes with it – fresh fruits and vegetables are my jam so this time of year when produce is at its peak is my very favorite.
This recipe combines not just one or two, but four super delicious summer vegetables, along with shrimp and fresh cilantro, into one really easy, no-fuss appetizer or main dish that screams summertime. I shop for groceries at Walmart because it’s close by and convenient, the prices are always low, and I’m constantly impressed with the quality of their products – especially their produce!
Walmart sells a variety of locally-grown produce and it’s restocked at least once a day. Plus, it’s guaranteed to be 100 percent fresh – if you aren’t totally satisfied they’ll give you a refund. You can’t beat that!
I picked up everything I needed for these beautiful spring rolls at Walmart – one stop shopping is where it is at my friends! These are so fresh-tasting and colorful, they are perfect for Summer with cucumber, carrots, two kinds of bell peppers, shrimp, and cilantro.
The flavors and textures work together perfectly and give just the crunch you want in a fantastic spring roll. You can even add thinly sliced jalapeños to fire up the flavor a bit more.
I love dipping my spring rolls in a creamy peanut sauce and this version I’m sharing with you today is so easy to whip up in a matter of a couple minutes. Peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes or Asian hot sauce, and some brown sugar is all it takes to make the best dipping sauce for your these Shrimp and Veggie Spring Rolls.
Did I mention you don’t have to heat up your oven or the stove to prepare these?? So perfect for Summer entertaining in every way, these spring rolls are the ultimate appetizer or main dish for shrimp and veggie lovers!
Shrimp and Veggie Spring Rolls
- 1 cucumber - peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper - stem and membranes removed, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper - stem and membranes removed, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots - peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ pound cooked small shrimp - peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1 bunch cilantro - roughly chopped
- 8-10 sheets of Asian rice paper
Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water - (as needed)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce - (Asian chili sauce works great OR sub ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- On a clean, flat surface, lay one piece of rice paper (if using dehydrated, first soak in room temperature water for 10-15 seconds to rehydrate). In the center of the rice paper arrange sliced cucumbers, bell peppers, carrots, shrimp, and chopped cilantro.
- Roll tightly (burrito-style) pinching the edges of the rice paper to seal. Use a sharp knife to slice each in half crosswise. Repeat with remaining rice paper, veggies, shrimp, and cilantro.
- To make the peanut sauce, stir together peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic powder, brown sugar, hot sauce (or crushed red pepper flakes). Stir in 1-2 tablespoons water to thin as needed. Serve with spring rolls for dipping.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Walmart. The opinions and text are all mine.