Mango Chicken Stir Fry – This stir fry comes together so quickly and packs a huge punch of sweet, tangy, and spicy flavors!
Dinner is going to be ah-mazing. That’s what I said to the hubbs when he called on his way home from work. I couldn’t wait to let him find out, I had to let him know rightthissecond. He needed to prepare himself to enjoy one crazy-yummy meal.
And the smell. Ohhhh the smell! The sweet, tangy, spicy aroma of peppers and mangoes. This is one of those times when you really reallllly need smellavision. Or just make this recipe. That would pretty much do the trick. It’s nuts how quickly this dinner comes to gather and tastes better than take out fo-sho. Put this on your dinner rotation – you’re gonna fall in love!
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite size pieces or sliced into strips + salt + pepper (to taste)
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium-large mango peeled and sliced
- 2-3 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 jar (about 1-1.5 cups) mango chutney [you can find this in the Indian/Asian section of your grocery store. If you're up for an easy homemade version click HERE!)
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Spray a large pan or non stick skillet heavily with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Saute in preheated pan until chicken is cooked through. Add peppers and continue to sauté 2-3 minutes until peppers are tender.
- Add mango chutney, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, and vinegar to pan. Stir and continue to cook 2-3 minutes or until sauce begins to bubble slightly. Stir in sliced mangos. Serve with cooked rice. Enjoy!