This amazing salsa requires no tomato chopping and comes together in just a few minutes with a blender! Restaurant quality – without the restaurant price!
I’ve always been a big fan of the whole after-school-snack thing.As a kid it was my favorite part of the day. Still is. But now it’s become an after-school-after-work-after-play snack. Basically anytime I can sneak it in my day, I do. Oh look, I just woke up, time for an after-sleep snack.
As I’ve gotten a bit … older? Cause I’m really old (not.) …mature? (ha. that’s funny.) Since I was little (that works) I’ve come to like all sorts of foods for snacks, but when I was a kid it was one thing: salsa. Every. Single. Day. I had a routine.
Go to school —> Come home from school —> eat a jar of salsa. Yes, a jar. A whole section of our pantry was filled with Pace jars with my name on it. Literally. I wrote my name on them. In a family of nine children, it was necessary. Sometimes I am tempted to put my name on the salsa these days but then I remember it’s just me and my husband here. And he knows better than to eat the last of the salsa without replacing it.
This salsa is my new best friend. It costs a total of… maybe 3 dollars? And it’s so EASY. Like, 10 minutes easy. You just throw everything in the blender, give a few pulses, done. Perfect salsa. And a lot of it. For me it would last about seven seconds, but for normal people, this recipe will make a batch of 5-6 cups of salsa. So you do the math. That could last you a while, or you could feed a big party. Both are wins.
Salsa was the first thing I ever learned how to make (successfully) and I would make it entirely from scratch – tomato chopping and all. And I love made-from-scratch salsa with fresh off the vine tomatoes, I do, but something must be said for addicting restaurant-quality salsa that can be made in minutes without dicing a single tomato. And this is what must be said: “This salsa is PERFECT! “
What people are saying about this Easy Blender Salsa
“I’m trying to cook more as opposed to going out to eat and this easy recipe caught my eye. MY MIND WAS BLOWN at how amazing it is. Better than any restaurant salsa I’ve had! I am thrilled and will absolutely have this in my fridge at all times.” – Sydney
“The salsa is outstanding. Best I have ever made. Used 3 jalapenos and minced garlic instead of powdered.” – Mike
If you like this easy blender salsa, you’ll also love my Spicy Adobo Lime Salsa!
Easy Blender Salsa
- 28 ounces whole or diced tomatoes
- 1 12-ounce can diced tomatoes and chiles
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 jalapeño - seeded and finely diced
- ⅔ cup cilantro - roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lime - (or more to taste)
- ½ white onion - diced
- ½ red onion - diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper - to taste, (for me this is about 3 teaspoons salt, 2 teaspoons pepper)
- Add all ingredients to blender. Pulse 5-6 times until ingredients all come together. (You can puree this salsa if you like but I like mine to have some texture. ) Taste salsa and add seasonings if desired. Store chilled in airtight container.
- You can serve this salsa immediately but it is 1000x better if you chill it for an hour or more before serving!