Green Enchilada Soup – amazing enchilada soup made with green enchilada sauce, diced green chiles and 2 kinds of cheese! Ready to eat in just 25 minutes!
Have you been to Chili’s? If not, you should go. Soon. It’s delicious. If you have been to Chili’s, have you tried their enchilada soup?? No?? Unthinkable. It’s like an ooey, gooey, cheesy enchilada gone soup-style. Hence the name enchilada soup. It’s SO good.
There are a bazillion copycat recipes out on the web for Chili’s enchilada soup, I’ve tried a few and they’re really really good. So if you don’t live near a Chili’s I’d recommend trying one of those. If you love a good cheese enchilada, you will not regret making that soup.
The Chili’s enchilada soup is red. Made with red enchilada sauce. But today I’m sharing with you a very special, extremely amazing twist on that enchilada soup. Green enchilada soup! I know it’s pretty obvious but, this enchilada soup is made with green enchilada sauce. I very much love green enchiladas, probably more so than red enchiladas. Which is why I love this soup even more than the oh so popular red enchilada soup. Shhhh! Don’t tell anyone who has been sharing that recipe, it really is delicious. But you should try this Green Enchilada Soup, you’re gonna love it.
Green Enchilada Soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 large can (28 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 16 ounces queso blanco Velveeta cheese
- 1 7-ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- ½ cup masa harina - or corn tortilla mix
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- optional: 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- Add chicken broth, enchilada sauce, and velveeta to a large soup pot. Bring mixture to a boil and stir throughout until cheese is melted. Add green chiles, Mexican blend cheese, and masa harina, stir until cheese is melted and mixtures thickens.
- Stir in cumin, chili powder, and optional chicken. Serve warm with desired toppings (suggestions: additional cheese, tortilla chips, cilantro, diced peppers).