Spicy chicken and red peppers topped with a creamy Thai peanut sauce, crunchy peanuts, and served in crisp butter lettuce cups. Easy, healthy, and ready in 20 minutes!
I’ve made a variation of this recipe several times and what it comes down to is the fact that I can’t get enough of that sauce. This peanut sauce is my absolute favorite – I could eat it straight from a spoon – no chicken or veggies required! Pretty sure in my personal heaven we will just drink peanut sauce instead of water and coca cola products.
Back in my teenage glory days when I worked as a waitress in a Chinese restaurant, we served lettuce wraps and I craved them on a regular basis. But these ones are different – these are thai chicken lettuce wraps which are not the same as traditional Chinese lettuce wraps. Different, but both amazing. If we’re being completely honest, I like these ones a little better actually. Shhhh!
These Thai peanut chicken lettuce wraps come together in just 20 minutes and are insanely yummy! Plus they’re easy to make and fun to eat for kids and adults and you’re skipping a whole bunch of calories when you wrap your chicken and veggies in crisp butter lettuce leaves instead of piling it on a mound of rice so it’s a WIN all around…
Hello swimsuit season, I’m comin’ for you!
What people are saying about these Easy Thai Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps
“LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these! We tried these with Romaine lettuce and added extra veggies like mushrooms, celery and onions to the stir fry. The sriracha and lime really make these pop!” – Jennifer
“5 Stars! These were great. I added the peanut sauce right into the saucepan with the chicken and veg and heated and stirred until all ingredients were well coated and the sauce was nicely warmed. Served in romaine ‘boats.’ Delicious!” – Nancy
Easy Thai Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste (I used about 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves separated
Sauce (see note)
- 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil (if you have it on hand)
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- optional: lime wedges and cilantro for serving
- Whisk together sauce ingredients and set aside. Dice chicken into small pieces - less than 1/2 inch.
- Drizzle pan with oil. Add chicken and saute over medium heat about 5 minutes until browned. Add red peppers and cook another 2-3 minutes until peppers are tender and chicken is fully cooked through.
- Fill lettuce leaves with chicken and pepper mixture, then top with peanut sauce and chopped peanuts. Serve with fresh lime wedges if desired, for squeezing on top, and chopped cilantro.