Crunchy Asian Kale Salad with Creamy Peanut Dressing and peppers tossed with red cabbage, carrots, and topped with almonds.
I’m considering making Monday official salad day. I always love a good salad but I get in these kicks and I just want salad all. the. time. Main dish, side dish…. is there such thing as a dessert salad? Cause I want that in the mix too.
So let’s take a vote. Salad Monday yay or nay??
And while we are on the subject of food-themed weekdays, what about Taco Tuesday? Smoothie Saturday?? Pizza Friday!
And Whatever Wednesday. For everything else wonderful and delicious.
This Asian kale salad is my new love. My favorite thing about this salad is that it is so dang crunchy. If you haven’t jumped on the kale bandwagon yet you need to quit dilly-dallying and get on board, pronto. Besides being super good for you, I love the crunch, I love the flavor, and it’s a great way to mix up your routine lettuce affair. Plus when you pair it with bell peppers, carrots, almonds and an easy-peasy creamy peanut dressing, it honestly becomes nothing short of irresistible.
Asian Kale Salad with Creamy Peanut Dressing
- 6 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup shredded carrots (carrot matchsticks)
- 1 red or yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup almond slivers or shaved almonds (such as Diamond of California)
- optional: sesame seeds
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- juice of 1 lime (for more tang, add an extra half lime)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar (or honey)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together until smooth. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Add chopped cale, peppers, cabbage, cilantro and carrots to a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Top with almonds and sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.