Juicy grilled cajun lime chicken bursting with flavor and ready in 30 minutes.
A couple matters of business to attend to.
First off, I tried some seriously amazing Spanish food this weekend (for the first time ever because apparently I’ve been living in a hole for the past 24+ years?) and am o b s e s s e d. Not to be confused with Mexican food, which I’ve already been obsessed with for the past 8760 days of my life. We are talking real authentic Spanish-from-Spain food. So don’t be surprised when a whole plethora of Spanish-inspired dishes comes your way here.
Speaking of which, if you have some experience cooking or eating Spanish food, tell me alllll of your favorite dishes, tips, and recommendations for recipes!!
Like really though. Please please email me or comment or shout at me on Instagram.
Secondly, I have a real thing for the Cajun seasoning on this grilled chicken. ^^^
It is my own mix I made for the first time a few years back when my husband came home from a business trip raving about some crazy-awesome sandwich he’d tried and fell in love with and I needed to re-create for him. So I spent some time researching Cajun seasonings and came up with the mixture you’ll see in the recipe for this chicken. I’ve used it so. many. times. And soooo often on grilled chicken. This version I’m sharing with you is especially amazing because of the addition of fresh lime juice.
The method? A walk in the park. All you do is squeeze some lime juice into a bowl, dip your chicken in it to coat on all sides, and then sprinkle that Cajun seasoning mix all over your juicy lime chicken. After that you just grill it up. In the recipe I say to grill for 6-10 minutes one each side – keep in mind that the larger and thicker your piece of chicken, the more cooking time it will require, probably closer to the 10 minutes or maybe even 11-12. If you end up using a handful of chicken thighs that are a bit daintier (dainty chicken? that’s a thing, right?) then you may only need 6-7 minutes on each side.
Grilled Cajun Lime Chicken
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts (if using chicken breasts be sure to pound chicken to an even thickness)
- juice of 3 limes, plus additional lime wedges for serving
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (you can substitute Italian seasoning)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Grease and preheat grill to medium-high. In a small bowl whisk together all spices. Fill a small bowl with the lime juice.
- Dip chicken in the lime juice, flipping to coat all sides. Sprinkle seasoning mix over all of the chicken being sure to coat all sides.
- Grill chicken for 6-10 minutes on each side until cooked through. Serve with lime wedges and freshly chopped cilantro if desired.