Cajun Chicken Pasta Skillet – A quick and delicious one-skillet meal with cajun-seasoned chicken, tender pasta, and a creamy finger-lickin’ good sauce!
Last fall my husband came home from a business trip raving about some cajun-spiced sandwich he tried. One thing led to another and… well, I recreated it. In the process, I came up with this cajun seasoning that is super easy, and sooo delicious. It gives a great little kick and a big burst of flavor to any dish. Big shocker: it’s the star of this Cajun Chicken Pasta Skillet.
The only thing I enjoyed more than eating this pasta, was watching my husband eat this pasta. He loved it! While he was going crazy over the flavors, I was super excited about discovering a new dish I can fix up with hardly any prep at all and have hot on the table in less than thirty minutes. Plus, I know my husband is gonna love it. Double win!
What people are saying about this Cajun Chicken Pasta
“I made this last night and we licked the pan clean! I’ve never made any Cajun style food before, so I’m happy this was such a tasty success! It is definitely a recipe we will use again and again. Thank you so much! Btw, I used just 2% milk instead of whole and it worked great.” – Rachel
Cajun Chicken Pasta Skillet
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts - cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1-2 teaspoons cajun seasoning - (see below for recipe)
- 12 ounces farfalle or bow tie pasta noodles - cooked according to package's instructions
- 1 red bell pepper - diced
- ¼ cup diced white onion
- fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup whole milk - heavy cream, or half and half, (I used fat free half and half)
- 2-3 teaspoons teaspoons cajun seasoning
- ⅓ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the cajun seasoning (may sub store-bought seasoning if desired). Sprinkle 1-2 teaspoons of seasoning over chopped chicken pieces.
- Spray a large pan or non stick skillet with cooking spray and cook chicken over medium heat 5-8 minutes, stirring throughout until cooked through. Place chicken in a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt butter and sauté peppers and onions 2-3 minutes. Stir in flour until mixture clumps together or comes together in a "ball". Slowly whisk in milk. Stir in diced tomatoes.
- When mixture is smooth and creamy, stir in 2 teaspoons of cajun seasoning (or more if you like it a little spicier). Add pasta and chicken and stir to coat. Continue to stir until chicken is heated through. Serve warm and garnish with fresh parsley.