Tender grilled beef slathered in savory Teriyaki sauce alongside sweet, juicy pineapple. These Teriyaki Steak and Pineapple Kabobs are the perfect main dish or appetizer for tailgating ready in just 20 minutes!
Looking for more tailgating ideas? Try these Crispy Oven French Fries, Buffalo Cauliflower, or Slow Cooker Party Meatballs.
This post is in partnership with Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner. on behalf of the Beef Checkoff. I received compensation, but all opinions are my own. For more tasty tailgating recipes head over to BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com
I always have a tough time letting Summer go, since I never feel like I’ve one hundred percent gotten my fill of sandals and afternoon shave ice runs, but there are a few things that make the transition from Summer to Fall a little easier for me. One of those things is (do I even need to say it?) tailgating season.
I grew up watching and attending football games with my brothers and dad, heaven knows I never missed a homer when I was in college, and I can say with absolute confidence that it’s fifty percent about the game, and fifty percent about the food. When we attended games in person, we made a big deal of heading out in plenty of time to fuel up at one of our favorite restaurants near the stadium.
Nowadays though, particularly since my brothers and I have all had kids, we opt out of season passes and make a big deal of tailgating together at one of our homes instead. Enjoying the game from home allows fans to step-up their culinary skills and “beef up” their game day menus and that’s exactly what we’re doing today with this easy crowd favorite Teriyaki Steak and Pineapple Kabobs recipe!
There’s nothing quite like the sound and smell of a gridiron sizzling while fans fuel up to cheer on their favorite team. When it comes to tailgating, beef reigns king as a top fan food. With 86 percent of social eaters agreeing beef is good for social gatherings, and 89 percent of those consumers agreeing beef is a pleasurable eating experience, featuring beef at home tailgates is a no brainer.
Teriyaki and pineapple always go well together in my opinion, but when you combine them with juicy and tender grilled beef Top Sirloin Steak? Magic happens. This is the perfect go-to recipe for tailgating and game season get togethers. Easy (SO easy – just three ingredients!), quick (20 minutes is all you need) and incredibly delicious! Even my picky little eaters love dipping their steak and pineapple in extra teriyaki sauce, I mean who wouldn’t??
Here’s How You Make It
- Cut beef and pineapple into chunks.
- Combine beef and half of the teriyaki sauce in a bowl and let it marinate for 10 minutes.
- Slide the pineapple and marinated beef onto skewers.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side for ultra-juicy, tender beef.
- Serve with extra teriyaki sauce.
- Cheer loud and ENJOY your teriyaki steak and pineapple kabobs!
Expert Tips and Tricks
- If using wooden/bamboo skewer, be sure to let them soak for 30 minutes in water beforehand to keep them from burning.
- Add your favorite vegetables! I love adding bell peppers and onions to these kabobs. Feel free to go wild and add mushrooms, zucchini, or any other favorite grilling veggie!
- Use long tongs to rotate the skewers on the grill so you don’t get burned.
- Don’t overcook! Small chunks of beef like these only require a few minutes on each side. Overcooking will result in tough, flavorless beef (a tragedy!).
- Make it spicy by adding some crushed red pepper flakes to your teriyaki sauce or serving with a drizzle of sriracha sauce.
- Make it a meal by adding veggies and serving over a bowl of steamed white rice!
More Beef Recipes
- Greek Beef Burger
- Instant Pot Ground Beef Pasta
- Instant Pot Beef Enchiladas
- 5 Ingredient Thai Peanut Beef
- Instant Pot Beef Bourguignon
- Grilled Tri Tip Steak with Tiger Sauce
Did you make this dish? Please rate the recipe below!
You’ll love my Best Teriyaki Sauce recipe too!
Teriyaki Steak and Pineapple Kabobs
- 1 ½ pounds beef Top Sirloin Steak - cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 1 cup prepared Teriyaki sauce
- sesame seeds - for garnish
- diced green onions - for garnish
- In a medium bowl combine steak pieces and half of the teriyaki sauce and give it a good stir to coat. Cover and chill for 10 minutes.
- Spear steak and pineapple pieces onto skewers.
- Grill over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, then flip and grill another 3-4 minutes until cooked to desired doneness (medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness) using an instant-read thermometer.
- Serve with remaining Teriyaki sauce and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions if desired. Enjoy!
- Use your favorite store-bought teriyaki sauce or try my easy homemade version.
- Add crushed red pepper flakes or sriracha sauce for a hint of heat!
Do you think these could be done in an air fryer?
Yeah, I do!
While the possibilities are often reduced on house squads – they outperform equally wrap gamble and away teams
with a broad profit.