Super moist Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins loaded with hints of cinnamon and pumpkin spice in every single bite.
I know I know, there are a lot – and I mean A LOT – of pumpkin chocolate chip muffin recipes out there, thousands of pages come up in a Google search. But everyone needs a go-to pumpkin chocolate chip recipe, and this is mine. Chalk it up to October pumpkin overload, or slip it in the back of your if-I-ever-need-this-recipe book – whatever. I made them, I photographed them, I’m sharing them, do with them what you will folks.
There are two things I love about this recipe. Actually three. First thing, they’re easy as pie. Two bowls, no special tricks. Second, they are really really moist. Not soggy moist, because ewe, gross… we’ve all been there and it’s not a pretty moment. Fear not, that is not what’s happening with these muffins, these are just perfectly moist.
And the third thing I love? Chocolate chocolate and more chocolate. I’m gonna let you in a little secret. I always stir only half of the the chocolate chips into the muffin batter. The other half I save until the batter is in the muffin tins. Then I sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips right on top. This way you can make sure you get chocolate in ever. single. bite. And that’s it! The secret to these chocolate-loaded muffins. Dig in!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk OR half & half
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and salt.
- In a large bowl mix together eggs, sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, and milk until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool before removing from pan. Serve immediately or store in airtight container at room temperature.