Moist and flavorful, perfectly sweetened Cream Cheese Frosted Pumpkin Bread is the ultimate treat for Fall. Easy to make, with simple ingredients, and that cream cheese frosting takes this perfect pumpkin bread over the top!
If you’re loving this Pumpkin Bread, you’ll want to use that extra pumpkin to make Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls, Caramel Pecan Pumpkin Cheesecake, and Gooey Caramel Pumpkin Brownies.
I can never get enough pumpkin baked goods in my life. When I was younger my mother would make the most amazing mini pumpkin muffins during the Fall time.
They were perfectly bite-sized and I could eat a dozen in two minutes flat after getting home from school.
There’s nothing like fresh baked goods, warm from the oven, made by your mama am I right??
This has quickly become one of my all-time favorite Fall treats. The recipe is SO easy, with simple ingredients and no funny business or tricky steps, yet it yields the BEST pumpkin bread every single time.
As if a slice of that perfectly fluffy and moist pumpkin bread isn’t enough to make your head spin, it’s topped off with the most insanely delicious cream cheese frosting.
I know it doesn’t look like a lot of frosting compared to the rest of the loaf, but it’s really rich and packs a huge punch of flavor so you don’t need a ton to get the full effect if you know what I mean!
And that frosting really has the perfect texture. I’m a kind of particular when it comes to frostings, glazes, and icings! Different sweet treats call for different toppings and I think that this dense, perfectly moist and crumbly pumpkin bread needs a thick layer of rich, creamy, fluffy cream cheese frosting.
The key is to make the frosting nice and thick – don’t thin it out too much – then pop it in the microwave for about 25 seconds. It will become smooth and runny enough that you can pour it over your cooled pumpkin loaf, but when it cools and sets up after about 20 minutes, the texture isn’t runny at all but fluffy and creamy.
If you’re a pumpkin lover, you’ve gotta whip up a loaf of this pumpkin bread! Your Fall isn’t complete without this sweet treat.
What people are saying about this Cream Cheese Frosted Pumpkin Bread
“If you’re a pumpkin lover, you’ve gotta whip up a loaf of this pumpkin bread! Your Fall isn’t complete without this sweet treat.” – Mahi
“Thank you for this lovely seasonal bread!”
Cream Cheese Frosted Pumpkin Bread
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree - (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ¾ cup oil
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 ounces cream cheese - softened
- 3 tablespoons butter - softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl cream together eggs, sugars, and vanilla. Add pumpkin and oil and mix until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to went ingredients and mix until combined. Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean (a few moist crumbs are okay). Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
For the Frosting
- In a microwave safe bowl cream together butter, cream cheese, and vanilla until smooth. Add milk and powdered sugar one cup at a time, mixing after each until all of the powdered sugar is incorporated. Mix on high speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Microwave on for about 25 seconds. Stir, then pour over cooled loaf while still in the pan. Allow frosting to cool and set up for about 15-20 minutes, then slice and serve. Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 5 days.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes.
This “bread” is delicious. I ‘ve made it twice.