What better than adding CAKE BATTER to the long time favorite rice krispie treats?
If I was trying to eating healthy last week, I’ve shelved the idea for a moment. Or for a few moments. See how the past three posts have contained deeply indulgent treats? This has been the bulk of my food intake for the past seven days. I’m almost getting sick of sugar.
Notice, I said almost. Okay that’s a joke, I could never be sick of sugar. Unfortunately, says health.
These krispies though, they are beyond worth postponing any healthy eating goals.
I mean I knew they would be good. With white chocolate and cake batter and sprinkles and krispies.
But I didn’t know they would be this good.
Good enough to have my husband, a traditionally brown-chocolate-only guy, to ask for more the next day. And then almost burst into tears when I informed him I’d given the rest away.
Looks like I’ll be making these again very, very soon.
Alright I’m really making them for myself.
Only problem is that I used up the last of my white chocolate this afternoon in a batch of fudge that went south on me. So a thirty ninth trip to the store is in order. Ah, what’s one more.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll love my Spider Web Halloween Brownies, Amazon Gift Guide for Home Cooks, Strawberry Orange Julius, Hot Chocolate Meltaway Cookies, Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars with Gingersnap Crust.
White Chocolate Cake Batter Krispies
- 3 cups rice krispie cereal
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- ¾ cup yellow cake batter mix - dry
- 3 tablespoons white chocolate pudding mix - dry
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips - divided
- 1 stick butter
- rainbow sprinkles
- In a large saucepan, melt 1 stick of butter. Add corn syrup and marshmallows. Stir in cake batter, pudding mix, vanilla, and 1/2 cup white chocolate chips. When chocolate chips are melted, stir in rice krispies. Press mixture into a greased 8×8 pan.
- Melt 1 cup white chocolate chips in a saucepan over medium heat. When completely melted, pour over rice krispies. Scatter sprinkles over top. Allow to cool completely, cut and serve.