Creamy, rich Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars with Gingersnap Crust, topped with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice!
I’ve come to a conclusion. Pumpkin + gingerbread flavors were made for each other. In that peanut butter + jelly, milk + cookies, cupcakes + sprinkles kind of way.
The crust on these cheesecake bars is where. it’s. at. Made with gingersnap cookie crumbs, butter, cinnamon and sugar – I could eat the whole thing straight up, no cheesecake layer required.
But the truth is that we are adding a cheesecake layer. A pumpkin cheesecake layer. Why? Because we can and it makes that gingersnap crust just that much more incredible.
And look, I’ll even let you have the first bite…
Try this No-Bake Cheesecake recipe next!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars with Gingersnap Crust
- 40 gingersnap cookies
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter - melted and cooled mostly
- 16 ounces cream cheese - softened
- ½ cup pumpkin puree - (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 egg - at room temperature
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin spice spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- whipped cream
- chopped pecans
- pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with foil and lightly grease.
- In a food processor combine the gingersnap cookies, sugar, and cinnamon and pulse until fine crumbs form. Add melted butter and pulse again until mixture is completely moistened.
- Press gingersnap mixture into the bottom of your prepared baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, prepare the cheesecake layer.
- Mix together egg and sugar until light and foamy. Add cream cheese, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla and mix until smooth. Pour over baked crust.
- Return pan to oven for 25-30 minutes until cheesecake layer is set. Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 10-25 minutes, then transfer to fridge to chill completely. Cut into squares and top with whipping cream, chopped nuts, and sprinkled cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice and serve.