Caramel Butter Bars – Easy and delicious bars that the whole family will love! Make these and be the hit of any party of special event!
Well these are called BUTTER bars soooo…. enough said right?! Seriously that buttery, crumbly crust just melts in your mouth and the best part is that it’s on top and on bottom, with gooey, chewy caramel swirled right through the middle. If you haven’t jumped on the salted caramel bandwagon, you are way behind my friends but now is the perfect time to sprinkle a little bit of coarse sea salt right over the top of these gorgeous butter bars and let yourself fall in love with that ultimate sweet n’ salty combo.
Caramel Butter Bars
- 2 cups (4 sticks) butter - softened
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups caramel bits - or unwrapped square caramels
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon course sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F and grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Add butter, powdered sugar and sugar to a large bowl and mix until creamy. Add vanilla and almond extracts and mix until smooth. Add flour and mix until dough begins to form.
- Press half of dough into bottom of greased pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Chill remaining dough while crust is baking.
- In microwave-safe bowl, combine caramels and heavy cream. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir and return to microwave for 20 seconds at a time, stirring after each, until caramel is smooth.
- Pour caramel over baked crust. Drop tablespoons of chilled dough on top of caramel layer until all us used. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Bake an additional 30-35 minutes until crust is begins to brown lightly.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
The post is in partnership with Go Bold With Butter – check out their site to learn more about butter!