Sugar Cookie Cupcakes – Your favorite sugar cookie flavor…. in a cupcake!! Super easy to make and ready to eat in just 35 minutes!!!
I really love sugar cookies. Especially the thick cakey ones with mile high frosting. And sprinkles.
There is a place nearby called Cutlers where they serve soup and sandwiches and the like, and seriously the best cookies. They make two kinds of sugar cookies: original, and almond. They are both so insanely delicious and rich that I really can’t decide which I like better. Is it okay to have a tie?
I’m only tell you all of this because I was thinking of those cookies while I made these cupcakes. So they’re kind of like… the inspiration behind the project.
I’m normally not a real big fan of pink anything at all ever, but I felt that in order to make these cupcakes as classic sugar-cookie like as possible, they really needed that obnoxious pink frosting. And sprinkles. Because who eats sugar cookies without sprinkles?
But notice the blue wrappers? I was trying to even things out. Pink frost and pink wrappers would have been too much for me. Unless they were for a baby shower in which case I would make a totally appropriate exception.
These moist and fluffy cupcakes are the perfect way to shake things up at your next party, get-together, or any other occasion you may have in the near or distant future! Instead of the traditional cookies, bring these cupcakes!! They’ll be a huge hit, just make sure to double the recipe if you’re planning for more than 12!!
Sugar Cookie Cupcakes
- ½ cup butter - softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk
For the Frosting
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese - softened
- 5 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter - softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-6 tablespoons heavy cream
- food coloring, sprinkles - optional
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar until fluffy (about 2 minutes). Mix in vanilla and eggs. In another bowl add flour, baking powder, and salt, and whisk to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix. Add milk and mix until completely incorporated. Spoon batter into prepared tin, filling each liner about 2/3 full. Bake 18-20 minutes or until barely starting to brown around the edges. Allow to cool completely.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until barely starting to brown around the edges. Allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl cream together cream cheese, butter, and sugar. Mix in vanilla and add half n half 1 tablespoon at a time until a spreadable consistency is reached. Stir in red food coloring, one drop at a time until desired shade is achieved.
- Spread or pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Add sprinkles if desired and serve.