Mixed greens tossed with juicy chicken, crispy apple slices, red onions, blue cheese and crunchy pecans. A fresh and healthy Fuji Apple Chicken Salad inspired by the famous Panera Bread version.
I’ve been holding off on you. When we were in Washington D.C. in September we ate at Panera Bread and I tried their fuji apple chicken salad. SO GOOD! Addiction-worthy-good. So, naturally, I re-created it when we got home and it was incredible. I love that I don’t have to head out to find a Panera whenever I get the craving for this salad.
But why on earth did I wait so long to share this recipe?? Well it seems like September would have been perfect timing, what with apple season and all, but I got all wrapped up in sweet potato casseroles, glazed hams and homemade candy that I kind of forgot about it for a millisecond and next thing I knew it was 3 days til Christmas and all I wanted to do was stuff my face with cookies. But now it’s January! Salad season! My favorite. So I know it’s terrible that I’ve been holding out for so long but… better late than never right?
Fuji Apple Chicken Salad (Panera Bread Copycat)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts - pounded to ½ inch thickness
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 6-8 cups mixed greens
- 2 medium tomatoes - cut into wedges
- ¼ red onion - thinly sliced
- ¾ cup pecan halves
- ½ cup gorgonzola or blue cheese crumbles
- 2 cups apple chips
- 1 cup fuji apple salad dressing store-bought
- Season chicken breasts with seasoning salt and cook on both sides for 3-4 minutes each in a greased skillet or pan over medium heat. Cut into pieces and set aside.
- In a large bowl toss together mixed greens, tomatoes, sliced onions, and chicken. Sprinkle pecans, cheese crumbles, and apple chips on top. Serve with fuji apple dressing.
Recipe adapted from spicy southern kitchen
Delicious! I opted to use Butterball Turkey breast vs. chicken with excellent results. I added a little chopped celery for a bit more crunch. I used Hellman’s light mayo and an additional Tbsp. fat free greek yogurt to make it extra creamy plus a pinch of salt. I mixed the dressing ingredients separate and then folded it into the other ingredients. I let it chill for a couple of hours and it was perfect over a bed of lettuce for a nice lunch!
I am a die hard apple salad by
I tried to click on the link for the salad dressing and nothing happened. Can you send me a link for it?