Easy Jamaican jerk chicken tacos, bursting with flavor and on the table in 20 minutes! These are perfect for busy weeknights!
One of my best friends has this funny habit about what she eats. She can only eat food that “goes together” at one time and it drives her nuts to watch people eat random different foods all at one time. When she has breakfast, she can only eat breakfast food. And when she had dinner, she can only eat dinner food, preferably of the same cuisine. For instance, if she has Italian pasta, there is no way she could eat chips and salsa in the same sitting. No way Jose, not happenin.
I’m pretty much the opposite. I’m a gal of many cravings and I like to satisfy those cravings as soon as possible. So if I’m craving french fries and tomato soup, I get myself some dang good fries and some creamy tomato soup. If I want waffles and a bean burrito, I have no problem with eating them both within 30 minutes. So it’s really not a huge shock that my husband takes me for sushi and tacos whenever I get an inkling for both. Which, if we are being honest, happens pretty often.
These tacos are mega-delicious. I love the seasoning on the chicken, I’m crazy about the sauce, and I adore the fact that it’s all wrapped in a tortilla. Tacos tacos tacos all day long. These Jamaican jerk tacos are bursting with flavor and are so easy. They come together in about 20 minutes! That’s an easy weeknight meal if I ever had one. Put this on your go-to busy night dinner list, you’re gonna be hooked on these tacos!
- 3 teaspoons Jamaican jerk seasoning (store bought OR use the recipe below)
- 3 large chicken breasts, pounded to ½ inch thickness
- 2 cups slaw or shredded lettuce (I used red and green cabbage, thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 8 taco sized soft tortillas
- lime wedges, for serving
- ⅓ cup mayo
- 2 teaspoons Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 to 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Season chicken breasts with jerk seasoning, rubbing into both sides. Cook over medium heat on the stove for 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Slice into strips.
- Whisk together mayo and 2 teaspoons jerk seasoning.
- Assemble tacos. Place slaw/lettuce on each tortilla. Top with chicken, then drizzle with sauce. Top with chopped cilantro. Serve with fresh lime wedges for drizzling on tacos.