A fresh and simple healthy summer Tomato Cucumber Salad with tomatoes, cucumber, red onions, cilantro, and zesty lemon!
This is summer produce at it’s best. Fresh. Bright. Colorful. It tastes like summer, it looks like summer…. it is summer. And now that we are already a few days into August, I’m feeling defiant about the season coming to a close. I want all the summery things I can get my hands on.
Honestly, I feel like I’m getting jaded here though – I have no kitchen since it’s under construction and I’m losing precious summer cooking and baking time. The ice cream, the kabobs, the grilling galore… I need it and summer is slipping away while my kitchen is rebuilt.
It will allllll be worth it in just a couple of weeks though!
Meanwhile, back in this amazing salad….
Cucumbers and tomatoes with red onions = YUM. And the dressing couldn’t be more simple. Fresh-squeezed lemon, salt, and garlic powder, plus some chopped cilantro. That’s all you need to take this summery salad to the level of serious deliciousness. All you need is about 5 minutes of prep time too – you can’t beat that!
Tomato Cucumber Salad
- 3 medium cucumbers, chopped (peeled if desired)
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and toss. Cover and chill until ready to serve. (You can serve it immediately or let it marinate for up to 24 hours for even more great flavor!)