Juicy and tender baked sweet & spicy chicken that comes together in 30 minutes with loads of flavor.
After you’re hooked on this Baked Sweet and Spicy Chicken, you’ll wanna try Instant Pot Parmesan Chicken and Rice with Mushrooms, Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken with Potatoes and Carrots, and Asparagus Stuffed Chicken.
Sometimes time gets away from me. It seems like every year my birthday sneaks up on me and suddenly I’m a year older and hardly even noticed. Quick disclaimer: It’s not my birthday. BUT….
It is this blog’s birthday. WOOT WOOT! That’s right, today is Creme de la Crumb’s birthday.
I won’t get all sentimental on you and tell you what this blog means to me (no but really, you have no idea what this blog means and YOU make it all possible so, THANK YOU) but we’re gonna celebrate with flavors I love so much. I love sweet things, and I really really love spicy things, but even more than that I border on obsessed with a good sweet + spicy combo – bring those two flavor nuances together and it’s pure magic in my mouth.
This chicken is quickly browned on the stove, then brushed with sauce and transferred to the oven to be baked to juicy perfection. After that it’s just another smothering of that sweet and spicy sauce and then straight to the dinner table!
Happy Birthday Creme de la Crumb and thank you for sticking around to indulge in all this yummy goodness with me, you guys really are the BEST.
What people are saying about this Baked Sweet & Spicy Chicken
“K just made this tonight for dinner and HOLY WOW! My husband dubbed this his new favorite sauce ever. It’s so good. I made it with Sriracha (the only hot sauce I had) and added red peppers for more spice and it was hot but sooo tasty!” – Tiffany
“This may be our new family favorite. The sauce also caught the attention of my picky 10-year-old and has encouraged her to try new recipes. Super excited to taste more. Thanks a million!” – Tracy
“I made this for my entire family last night and they ALL LOVED IT! My husband told me it might be one of the best meals I’ve ever made him (And I’m a pretty good cook!) My mother in law told me to make sure i save the recipe. It was so easy to make, i put it over some rice and it was a total hit!!” – Sarah
“Best sauce EVERRRRR!! My son could not get enough!!! Thanks for sharing this!” – Nicole
Hungry for more? Try my Best Baked Chicken Breasts recipe next!
Baked Sweet & Spicy Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts - pounded to even thickness
- salt and pepper to taste
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar - (you could substitute white vinegar)
- ⅓ cup water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a large baking sheet (with a raised side) or casserole dish.
- In a medium sauce pan whisk together all sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 3-4 minutes. While sauce is boiling, season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides, grease a skillet and cook chicken on both sides 1-2 minutes over medium heat, just enough to brown the very outside.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer (not overlapping) on prepared baking sheet. Brush with sauce. (there should still be plenty of sauce leftover - reserve for later). Bake for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Pour remaining sauce over the chicken and serve hot.
Do you add red pepper flakes and it
Gets to a jelly consistency?
Made this last night. It was very tasty and my husband loved it. Only thing is the sauce was not thick. I followed the directions. Not sure what I can do to thicken the sauce as I’d like to make it again.
made this and family loved it. Trying sauce with pork chops tonight
That’s awesome! I’m so glad the family enjoyed it. Hopefully it went well with the pork chops 🙂
I used Sriracha and Chili Paste for the hot sauce (and gave a little extra for my family’s taste) and it was amazing. I also took the chicken out every 8 minutes or so and spooned / basted the chicken to give it some extra glaze. Wonderful with rice and asparagus!
I used wings instead of breasts, basting with sauce twice while cooking. These are now at the top of our favorite wings recipes. Thank you!