Caramel Crumble Cheesecake Bars – Simple and tasty cheesecake bars topped with a caramel crunch and white chocolate chip crumble!
I’ve told you before, I’m a picky cheesecake eater. I like classic “New York Style” cheesecake, maybe with a little berry drizzle on top, but otherwise… I don’t care for most cheesecakes. I mean, I’m crazy for the crust! I’ll eat a whole cheesecake or pie crust with a fork all by myself, no questions asked. I just don’t like the cheese-cake-y or pie-filling part.
Last weekend I attended the BYB Conference in Salt Lake City and my blogger friends and I made a stop at The Cheesecake Factory, just for cheesecake. And their avocado egg rolls. But mostly for the cheesecake. And I just had to laugh when the rest of the group was trying to whittle down their choices to Red Velvet and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, because I only had eyes for one. The Classic. Good old plain cheesecake with glazed strawberries on top. I take my cheesecake straight up. So when I make a cheese-cake-y bar, I like to keep it pretty simple, with the classic cheesecake flavor. None of this triple-loaded Hershey fudge chocolate cheesecake stuff.
You know what pairs really well with classic New York Style-esque cheesecake-y things? Caramel. And if you’re feeling bold, I recommend a third flavor to be thrown in there – white chocolate. Now that is a heavenly combination. If you’ve never experienced that kind of deliciousness (and if you have and love it…) I’ve got you covered. These Caramel Cheesecake Crumble Bars are a cinch to make and will please you and your cheesecake-adoring crowd. Whether you’re having a big get together or a party of two in your kitchen, you will probably want to whip up a second batch, they will disappear fast!
P.S. Happy Lover’s Day!
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ¾ cup Kraft caramel bits (or chopped caramels), divided
- Preheat oven to 350 and line an 8x8 inch pan with nonstick foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, oats, brown sugar, and butter and mix until smooth with a hand mixer. Press ¾ of the mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10-15 minutes. (15 for higher altitudes) Set aside reserved crumb mixture.
- In another bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla and mix until smooth. Pour batter onto baked crust. Scatter chocolate chips, ½ cup caramels, and reserved crumb mixture over the cheesecake layer. Bake 30-35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack on in the fridge. Optional: melt remaining caramels and drizzle onto bars. Once completely cooled, cut into squares and serve. Store in airtight container in the fridge. May be eaten at room temperature or chilled.
**recipe adapted from A Family Feast
If you liked this you love…Cookies n’ Cream Strawberry Cheesecake Bars