5-minute creamy cashew pesto pasta sauce tossed with your favorite noodles.
I adore all things pesto. Pesto pizza, pesto sandwiches, pesto pasta, straight up pesto from the jar.
Wait who said that??
Yeah that’s right, I eat pesto with a spoon from a jar. I was not kidding, I really really like pesto.
I’ve made walnut pesto, sunflower seed pesto, and traditional pine nut pesto and they’re all amazing. Each has a little bit different flavor. The other day as I was munching on a handful of cashews it hit me like a brick to the head that I had never tried cashew pesto.
Cashews are by far my favorite nut. If I could only eat one kind of nut for the rest of forever it would be the beloved cashew. I love the flavor, the texture, and it just seems to go well with pretty much anything. So whyyyyyy had I not tried cashew pesto??
No idea. It’s just a big character flaw I’d like to pretend isn’t there.
I’m gonna cut straight to the chase here – obviously I tried cashew pesto, it turnout amazing, and that’s why I’m sharing it with you today. I mean just look at how pretty this stuff is…
That green is on POINT> my friends.
It’ll take you just five minutes to whip up a batch of this perfectly flavored creamy cashew pesto and then you’ll be on your way to a crave-fulfilling dinner/lunch/snack/dessert (huh? maybe not dessert) in no time at all.
Oh and I made a video!!! (yayyyyy me!) It’s a different style than my previous videos so make sure you take a look and let me know what you think…
Try my 5-Minute Pesto recipe next!
Cashew Pesto Pasta
- 8-10 ounces pasta noodles
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- ⅓ cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt - (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper - (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Combine basil leaves, cashews, garlic, olive oil, parmesan cheese,salt, pepper, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Toss noodles with pesto and serve. Top with additional parmesan cheese and cashews if desired.
This pasta recipe has been sponsored by Diamond of California Nuts and all opinions are 100 percent my own. Thanks for letting me work with the brands I love to keep this here blog going!