These Snickerdoodle Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches are easy to make and fun to eat! Customize them with your favorite ice cream flavors and toppings!
So if you’re following me on Instagram, then you know that I am very much pregnant and very much expecting twins. Yep, two little rascals are coming our way in nine weeks or less. (WOAH. saying that – or typing that – makes it feel very very real. 9 weeks….) This is our first (and second!) kiddos so we are in that phase right now where we are crazy-excited, a little nervous (or a lot), and kind of wondering what kind of parents we’ll be. I mean, we all have our ideals of course but it’s still one of those things where you just don’t know until you’re actually in that moment or place in life. But I know one thing for sure…
I will absolutely feed my children waffles and ice cream for breakfast.
Does that qualify as a type of parenting? The give-your-children-waffles-and-ice-cream-for-breakfast parenting type? Because if it does, that’s pretty much what I’m going to be. Now, I won’t give them that type of food for breakfast every single day – we’ll throw some oatmeal and peanut butter toast in there too – but every once in a while? Yeah. We’ll have ice cream on our waffles and pour syrup right on top.
How do I know that I’ll do this? Because I totally love waffles and ice cream for breakfast so if my children ask for it, I’m going to say “what a brilliant idea my little twinzeez, and let’s add chocolate syrup and sprinkles!”
Now for the recipe itself, it’s reallllly more of a concept than a recipe I think. You brush some waffles with butter, coat them in cinnamon-sugar, put some ice cream in the middle and then pour your favorite syrup on top. Oh and sprinkles. Don’t forget those sprinkles.
Eat it for breakfast, eat it for dessert, doesn’t matter much… just eat it.
Snickerdoodle Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 4 waffles - (see note)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ice cream - (whichever flavor you prefer - I used vanilla)
- syrup - (I used chocolate, caramel, and strawberry)
- toppings of choice: (nuts, fresh or frozen fruit, sprinkles, powdered sugar)
- In a small bowl whisk together sugar and cinnamon. Brush your waffles with butter on both sides, then sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar to coat. If not using mini waffle bites, cut your waffles into quarters or smaller, equal sized sections.
- Put 1 scoop of ice cream between two waffle pieces. Top with your syrup and toppings of choice and serve immediately. Enjoy!