You’ll want to make this easy baked chicken broccoli alfredo every week with its saucy parmesan filling and toasted breadcrumb topping.
We are talking creamy, cheesy baked pasta comfort food today and you are going to LOVE it.
There’s nothing not to like about this dish. It involves pasta, chicken, broccoli, and the creamiest parmesan white sauce, aka: alfredo sauce. Top all of that off with more parmesan cheese and a crispy buttery crumb topping and I’m in baked alfredo heaven.
You can cook your chicken as part of the recipe by grilling or searing it in a pan on the stove, then dicing into bite-sized pieces OR, you can use shredded chicken (fresh or leftover) for this dish. It’s one of the things that make it such a great go-to. I used a short spiral pasta for mine but feel free to swap it out for macaroni or penne if that’s your preference. Whatever you do though, don’t skip that parmesan and crispy golden crumb topping. It. is. everything.
Baked Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets, boiled or steamed til tender
- 1 1/2 cups small pasta (I used spiral but you could also use macaroni, penne, or shells) boiled til tender and drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded or diced cooked chicken (see note)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 cups milk, half & half, or heavy cream (I prefer half & half but heavy cream will have the richest flavor)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shaved parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a casserole or baking dish.
- Prepare the sauce by first melting the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in flour.
- Gradually whisk in milk until sauce is smooth and thickened. Stir in cream cheese and 2/3 cup parmesan cheese until melted and incorporated. Stir in salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Remove from heat.
- Combine broccoli, chicken, noodles, and sauce in a large bowl and stir to combine. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese over the top.
- Make the topping by melting butter in a pan or skillet. Stir in breadcrumbs and Italian seasoning and stir until breadcrumbs are golden brown. Sprinkle over parmesan cheese and chicken broccoli mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes until parmesan cheese is melty. Serve warm.