Sweet and tangy baked crispy honey lime shrimp is lighter than fried versions with the most incredible sticky honey, lime, and garlic glaze. A MUST for shrimp lovers.
Shrimp has been making a weekly – or even bi-weekly – appearance in my kitchen lately. I don’t know what’s gotten into me but I have shrimp on the brain and I can’t seem to get enough of it right now. It’s a good thing my husband loves shrimp as much as I do to help me taste-test and devour all of this seafood goodness.
This recipe is so simple but packs SO much flavor. First, you marinate the shrimp for just 15 minutes in a mixture of eggs, soy sauce, and rice vinegar. Then dip the shrimp in panko breadcrumbs to coat and arrange them on a large baking sheet in a single layer so that they aren’t overlapping.
Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes until perfectly golden brown and crispy on the outside.
While the shrimp is baking, whip up that sweet and tangy honey lime and garlic sauce.
Just bring it all to a boil, stir in a little cornstarch slurry, and voila – you’re done. Combine the sauce and the shrimp and top it off with a little lime zest and chopped fresh cilantro and you’ve got one heck of a tasty shrimp dish on the table.
What people are saying about these Baked Crispy Honey Lime Shrimp
“Fantastic recipe!! Loved the marinade and method for breading and cooking the shrimp. My fiancé says it’s a keeper! Best of all, this is very Weight Watchers friendly – only 6 points per serving!” – Terri
“Delicious and simple. I didn’t have to go buy any fancy ingredients either. Made for an easy Sunday dinner.” – Lakeeissa
“This was the greatest dish I’ve ever made! I didn’t mix the sauce. I just drizzled it on top.” – Risa
Baked Crispy Honey Lime Shrimp
- 1 ½ pounds shrimp - peeled and de-veined
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- juice of 1 lime - (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- lime zest and cilantro, for topping
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, soy sauce and rice vinegar. Add shrimp and stir to combine. Cover and chill for 15 minutes.
- Dip the shrimp in the panko crumbs to coat as thoroughly as you can, then arrange in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Spray shrimp with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes until golden.
- While shrimp is baking, prepare the sauce. In a medium sauce pan melt butter over medium high heat. Stir in honey, soy sauce, garlic, sriracha, and lime juice. Bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl whisk together water and corn starch until dissolved. Pour into sauce pan, stir until thickened. remove from heat.
- Once shrimp are cooked and golden, toss them in the sauce (or pour sauce over shrimp, turning to coat as necessary). Top with lime zest and chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.