Cream cheese and sharp cheddar cranberry pecan cheeseball! This classic holiday appetizer is always a hit and so easy to make!
Real quick here – are you interested in a spinach dip recipe?? It is creamy with spinach (duh) and water chestnuts and we usually eat it with crackers and crusty french or sourdough bread. Yay/Nay?
Now back to the cheese. My mother always makes a cheddar-ranch cheeseball with walnuts. If you want that recipe, I might be able to beg it out of my mother. But sometimes she makes a couple of other versions because we always run out (mostly because I eat 9/10ths of the cheddar ranch cheeseball all by my little self) and one of them is a cranberry version. Today I’m sharing my take on that cheeseball.
Holidays are so busy and hectic, especially in the kitchen, the last thing you need is a complicated. This cheeseball is sooo easy! Just 4 ingredients, plus crackers. That’s it! The prep takes about 7 minutes and then you just let it chill until you’re ready to serve it up. I’m obsessed with the flavor combination that you get with the sharp cheddar and the tart cranberries – you will love it!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded white sharp cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans (such as Diamond of California)
- crackers for serving
- In a large bowl mix together cream cheese and cheddar cheese until well combined. Mix in chopped cranberries.
- Lay a large piece of plastic wrap out on a flat surface. Scoop the cheese mixture out of the bowl and place it in the middle of the plastic wrap. Wrap the plastic around the cheese mound, then use your hands to shape it into a ball. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Unwrap the cheese ball and using small handfuls of nuts at a time, press the chopped pecans onto the outer surface of the cheeseball. (You don't need to cover the bottom of the cheeseball with nuts).
- Chill until ready to serve.