Cranberry Pistachio Cheeseball made from savory white cheddar cheese, cranberries, and pistachios- perfect for holiday parties!
Thanksgiving is THIS WEEK. What the what??? I wouldn’t call myself a procrastinator. I’d say I’m more of overestimator. I tend to over estimate the amount of time I have and the number of things I can get done in said amount of time. Which is part of why holidays creep up on me and suddenly I think, how on earth did this happen? I had so much planned and I’ve only done x, y, and z.
It’s a problem.
As for my Thanksgiving Day plans though, I am 100 percent ready. I know when and where I’m expected to make an appearance and I know exactly what I’ll be preparing and bringing in the way of yummy Thanksgiving eats.
In addition to my ultra-popular candied pecan sweet potato casserole, famous slow cooker mashed potatoes, and newly perfected homemade pumpkin pie, I will be bringing this cranberry pistachio cheeseball for three reasons.
- SO easy to make. Like… so easy.
- DE-licious. Savory and sharp and tangy and woah. So tasty.
- Highly portable.
If your Thanksgiving is anything like mine it involves multiple houses and groups of people and some car time. So whatever I’m making has to be portable or it’ll end up a hot mess in the back of my Mazda. That, and it’ll be an embarrassing site one we arrive at our destination.
That’s why a good cheeseball is my go-to for a portable Thanksgiving side dish. Everybody loves a good cheese all and this one is perfection. Salty, nutty pistachios, sharp white cheddar cheese, a hint of dijon mustard and McCormick Garlic Powder, and tangy, tart cranberries. Pair it up with your favorite crackers and set it on a pretty plate for a side dish that’ll impress the whole crowd!
What people are saying about this Cranberry Pistachio Cheeseball
“Every year my friends have a wine and cheese party before Christmas. I’ve now made this twice, and both time it was a roaring success. This will definitely stay in my repertoire!” – Melody
“This cheeseball was so delicious. Had it as an appetizer for thanksgiving and everyone loves it!” – Ashley
Cranberry Pistachio Cheeseball
- 8 ounces cream cheese - softened
- 2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup dried cranberries - roughly chopped
- ½ cup pistachios - chopped
- crackers - for serving
- In a large bowl mix together cream cheese, white cheddar cheese, dijon mustard, and garlic powder until well combined. Mix in chopped cranberries.
- Lay a large piece of plastic wrap out on a flat surface. Scoop the cheese mixture out of the bowl and place it in the middle of the plastic wrap. Wrap the plastic around the cheese mound, then use your hands to shape it into a ball. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Unwrap the cheese ball and using small handfuls of nuts at a time, press the chopped pistachios onto the outer surface of the cheeseball. (You don't need to cover the bottom of the cheeseball with nuts).
- Place on a plate and serve with crackers, or cover and chill until ready to serve.