Zesty Mango Pomegranate Guacamole with juicy pomegranate jewels, fresh mango, feta cheese, and a hint of garlic and lime!
So I think I’d like to eat pomegranate, mango, and feta things for the rest of my live. Preferably mixed up with some lime-hinted mashed avocado. The whole idea stemmed from a screenshot my lil’ sister in law gave me about a month ago. She said she’d seen someone post a picture of pomegranate guacamole and that I should make it.
That’s why I keep her around. She keeps me inspired.
So I’ve made this guacamole twice in the past 5 days. When my mother in law gave me an appetizer assignement for the family Christmas party last night, I knew I had to bring this. The bowl was clean at the end of the night – and I tripled the recipe! It’s no debate, pomegranate, mango, and feta are meant to be in guacamole.
Mango Pomegranate Guacamole
- 3 avocados, pitted and mashed
- 1/4 cup mayo or sour cream or greek yogurt (mayo will yield richer, creamier guacamole but greek yogurt will give you a lighter version)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup pomegranate jewels
- 1 small mango, diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Add mashed avocado, mayo, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and lime juice to a bowl and mix well.
- Gently stir pomegranates, mangos, and feta cheese into the guacamole mixture. Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve (best same day).